Solo Cruiser's Roll Call

42CruiseCrazy

Thanks for this thread.

My name is Pam and I am 35 (will be turning 36 on this sailing)! Live in Orlando and have done 13 cruises (12 Carnival and 1 Disney) all with family or friends. I was trying to get my mom to come with me on this sailing and have our first girl only cruise but her and my dad have a cruise booked in January. This is my first solo cruise and first NCL cruise and I am nervous but excited. I have already booked the Ultimate Dining Package so I can try the different restaurants and I am thinking about snorkeling in Freeport or Great Stirrup Cay. I have a roll call set up but so far no responses.

Thanks again and happy cruising

Pam;)

Hi, Catte and Andrew. I, too, will be taking my first cruise this Summer. June to Alaska on Princess. I've found it very helpful to sign up on my cruise's "Role Call" here on Cruise Critic. This way, you can "meet" others on board your ship before you sail. Just look up "Roll Call" on the menu, then the site guides you to your particular sailing. Maria

Just booked a Studio cabin on the Epic for over New Year (Dec 28-Jan 4). Anyone else going? I am 56, widowed for over 2 years now, and travel a lot. I'm an avid cruiser but this will be my first NCL.

Hi I'm sure you will enjoy your first solo cruise. I did my first last August on Breakaway in Studio Cabin, I'm sure they have a studio lounge if they do take advantage going there you can meet other solo fellow cruiser in Studio cabin. I had such a great time on my first solo that I'm booked again on Breakaway for October!!

Happy Cruising!!

Hi, I will be sailing solo on both cruises. I did a solo cruise in 2010 on the Victory and had a wonderful time and met sisters from New Jersey, who I still keep in touch with and who took a cruise to Canada, I met them and we spent the day together.

Looking forward to having a great time in November!

Hi there. I'm Tracy, 41, single, no kids, and I just booked Serenade of the Seas for 4/24/15. This will be my first solo and my first transatlantic. After I posted it on facebook, I now have a couple friends considering going, so I guess it might not be my first solo and I will have to book something else but as of this moment I'm going alone. I've done some somewhat local weekend getaways by myself and when I traveled with an ex for business I was pretty much solo for sight-seeing, so I think I will actually love solo cruising too. I'm looking forward to just thinking about me this vacation. There are a few other solos on our Roll Call but maybe there are some others on this page too?

Trix :)

Hi everyone,

I'm Paula, a seasoned solo business and personal traveler, yet never considered going on a cruise alone - even though I love cruising!

2 years ago went for a cruise with a friend and on my birthday she got sick...and then was sick for the next few days, so I spent a lot of time on my own.

This year, I need a vaca and she can't go, so I figured, why not just go by myself. I'm so excited to see so many other people who love solo cruising!

Edited by duhwitt
I can't spell

Hi everyone,

I'm Paula, a seasoned solo business and personal traveler, yet never considered going on a cruise alone - even though I love cruising!

2 years ago went for a cruise with a friend and on my birthday she got sick...and then was sick for the next few days, so I spent a lot of time on my own.

This year, I need a vaca and she can't go, so I figured, why not just go by myself. I'm so excited to see so many other people who love solo cruising!

Hello duhwitt,

Welcome to the solo forum. I'm sure you'll enjoy your solo cruise. Just smile and be friendly if you want to meet people. Join your roll call.:D

Well, I have a trip booked for Oct, was supposed to be a 'couple' but unfortunately(or maybe fortunately:)) it looks as though I may be going as a solo. Still having mixed feelings about it.

Should I take the plunge and do it, even though I may be a bit sad because of the circumstances, or cancel and find someplace in a warmer climate which I know will help take the edge off:rolleyes:

Well, I have a trip booked for Oct, was supposed to be a 'couple' but unfortunately(or maybe fortunately:)) it looks as though I may be going as a solo. Still having mixed feelings about it.

Should I take the plunge and do it, even though I may be a bit sad because of the circumstances, or cancel and find someplace in a warmer climate which I know will help take the edge off:rolleyes:

Personally, I would go, but if you can switch to a warmer climate cruise without significant cost, I would do that. Maybe changing to please yourself will help...Good luck.

Jim

What is "vtg". Just curious. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's an abbreviation for an internet cruise agency that sponsors group singles cruises. Since we're not allowed to mention names of agencies here, the abbreviation was used, I suspect.

Hi Scott, I'll be going on the same cruise as you and on that same day. You also posted at the Carnival Roll call I noticed. It might be a good idea to get together. I am going solo as well. Do you like to dance, karaoke? I am Eli

Just book my first solo cruise on Carnival Splendor on June 17 out of NYC..too good of a deal to pass up!...It feels a little different going by myself but it is better than not going!..when I tell some people I am going by myself I get a strange look does anyone else get that?... lol..

-scott-

Scott , yes I get the looks . And have to try and explain I run out of friends who can get the same times off or even have the free time to go . That's how I started and now I have so many friends I have met I am never really alone anymore . Enjoy your trip !

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Scott , yes I get the looks . And have to try and explain I run out of friends who can get the same times off or even have the free time to go . That's how I started and now I have so many friends I have met I am never really alone anymore . Enjoy your trip !

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm going on my first-ever cruise (7 Days,) leaving Saturday. I'm especially worried about being "unaccepted" by the middle aged (I'm Middle aged) couples I may be seated/grouped with. Any tips??

I'm going on my first-ever cruise (7 Days' date=') leaving Saturday. I'm especially worried about being "unaccepted" by the middle aged (I'm Middle aged) couples I may be seated/grouped with. Any tips??[/quote']

The question is do you want to be seated with others? I actually prefer to sit by myself. I always ask a table for two, so I don't have to sit with anyone.

You should not worry about being unaccepted, now a days so many people are going solo that its not a weird sight. You might feel uncomfortable but I am sure you will get used to it.

I'm going on my first-ever cruise (7 Days' date=') leaving Saturday. I'm especially worried about being "unaccepted" by the middle aged (I'm Middle aged) couples I may be seated/grouped with. Any tips??[/quote']

Clearly it does happen, from the reports of others here. But I've been on a bunch of solo cruises and it has never happened to me. I really don't think it's all that frequent. :)