Solo Cruiser's Roll Call

42CruiseCrazy

Thanks, BottomFeeder and CruiseLady. It's just been my *general* experience, since my divorce, some 20 years ago, that the woman of the couple, is wary of my presence, and directs convo away from me. At parties, I am usually better accepted by older couples (which is fine) and other singles, of course. There likely being few singles on the cruise, I can't really just "go home!" And worry about that (I AM a worrier!)

Any other solo cruisers thinking of or already purchased a drink package? I'm a first time & can't decide if it's worth it for me.

Sailing on the NCL Getaway 9/6

Hi! This will be my third solo cruise and I've got several cruises with friends under my belt, too. I personally couldn't consume that many servings a day. I drink cocktails and carry a bottle of wine on board. On longer cruises, when I have a roommate, we purchase a bottle of liquor. I found that to be more budget-friendly.

If I find myself wanting to socialize and not get too, um, happy at the bar...it will have to be club soda after a while. I don't let $$$ (or a hangover) keep me from enjoying my frequent vacations.:)

Hi all,

Thinking of booking my first solo cruise Jan 2015. Either the 3 day leaving from Miami Jan 30th or the 4 day leaving Jan 26th. Both are on Majesty of the Seas. Doing a short trip since it's my first as a solo. A little nervous, a lot excited. Anyone else going??

Edited by runner2013
Add more info

Hi there!

Is anyone else sailing solo on this cruise? 7-day Seattle r/t. I'm a very young 50 yrs old and usually travel solo. First time to Alaska and looking forward to the adventure. Hope to run into other solo travelers who are interested in participating in some of the on shore excursions that week.

Hi Everyone,

I am a young-in-spirit 60+ solo woman traveler Cruising to Europe for the first time. Would love any advice you may have to offer about the Epic, the solo lounge, the restaurants, the shore excursions (booking either through the ship or elsewhere). Also, how I might meet others to socialize with.

Thanks in advance!

~Terri

Hi Everyone,

I am a young-in-spirit 60+ solo woman traveler Cruising to Europe for the first time. Would love any advice you may have to offer about the Epic, the solo lounge, the restaurants, the shore excursions (booking either through the ship or elsewhere). Also, how I might meet others to socialize with.

Thanks in advance!

~Terri

EPIC: go to lounge for first night and perhaps thereafter for dinner mates. I prefer the speciality restaurants and post an invite on the whiteboard. Le bistro is favorite, followed by Cagneys. For Italian shore excursions, try to get a Rome In Limo group going in each Italian port. They're fabulous. Now, go to the right threads: your roll call and the ports of call threads....easier way to get folks to do RIL....

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I'm going on my first solo cruise for my 30th bday in December -Celebrity Constellation on Dec 13. Whose coming?!

I'm excited about going solo, but a little nervous too!

-Alaina

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi Alaina, I am not going on your cruise but I sail with Celebrity on

a regular basis.:)....hope you have a wonderful cruise:D

Hi! I recently booked my first solo trip on the Getaway sailing Oct 18. So excited!!! I travel solo for business often, but this will be my first solo vacation (my post divorce much needed trip). The reason I selected Getaway was because I they have the studios. Any feedback on the Norwegian studios would be greatly appreciated as well as any additional solo vacation traveling tips you care to share.

Thanks,

Jacqueline

Loved loved the Getaway.....my studio cabin was upgraded to a balcony but I still went to the lounge the first couple of nights looking for mates to join me in the speciality restaurants. Once I went to the MDR with the dancing, and the service was a fail and the good was also pretty bad. The next night a fellow solo and I dined in Le Bistro, which was lovely. Thereafter, everyone dined in the MDR, so I went to the specialities alone....not my preference, but so glad I did because I ate outside and watched the sun go down every night. I suggest you get a a Vibe pass (I'll post a picture) and the premium seating at the Illusarium. And keep checking the price...maybe you'll snag a balcony!ImageUploadedByForums1403748011.379661.jpg.0eaf542879b1e9f15e34cec38f6248a0.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1403747986.606622.jpg.73d8185225d0f90f60072ebcb8f73186.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1403747998.630203.jpg.781d89246cd25d550f51ee2fd0596731.jpg

Loved loved the Getaway.....my studio cabin was upgraded to a balcony but I still went to the lounge the first couple of nights looking for mates to join me in the speciality restaurants. Once I went to the MDR with the dancing, and the service was a fail and the good was also pretty bad. The next night a fellow solo and I dined in Le Bistro, which was lovely. Thereafter, everyone dined in the MDR, so I went to the specialities alone....not my preference, but so glad I did because I ate outside and watched the sun go down every night. I suggest you get a a Vibe pass (I'll post a picture) and the premium seating at the Illusarium. And keep checking the price...maybe you'll snag a balcony![ATTACH]317371[/ATTACH][ATTACH]317372[/ATTACH][ATTACH]317373[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the tips and the pictures.:) I would love to be upgraded, but realize since is my first NCL cruise it probably won't happen. That said I am looking forward to this new experience. :thumbup:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Hi Alaina, I am not going on your cruise but I sail with Celebrity on

a regular basis.:)....hope you have a wonderful cruise:D

Thank you for the well-wishes! Too bad you are not on my cruise, I'm hoping it's a fabulous time! Have you been on the constellation? Would love to pick your brain about sailing with Celebrity in general and get your opinion on the stateroom I chose! So hard when you don't know what to picture ;)

Going on my 3rd solo cruise on the Serenade of the Seas out of New Orleans. \0/. Any one else?

Arriving 2 days early to do a little touring in NO before we sail. Can't wait to sail

Colleen

Not going on this cruise, but I do live in New Orleans. Let me know if you need anything while you are here pre-cruise!

I am taking the Serenade of the Seas after it is reloacted to Ft. Lauderdale next Dec. I'm so excited about the cruise - leaves on 12/14/15 for a 9 nt itinerary. I have a nice aft balcony, I think it's room 9660?

Email me alainamarie2003 at hotmail dot com so we can chat! :p

Booked the Carnival Victory yesterday for a 5 night on 7/12. This will be my 46th cruise and my 6th solo. I turn 55 the day after I get back and was able to take advantage of not only the 55+ rate but also no single supplement to boot. Doesn't get much better that!!

Looking forward to a nice relaxing cruise. No plans other than a few books to read and enjoying someone else doing the cooking and cleaning.

Got a price under $600 for a 1A cabin, verandah deck on the 10/12/14 Carnival Conquest to Half Moon Bay, Grand Turk, San Juan and St Thomas. Booked over the w/e on major independent site, not Carnival. A few airline sites had same fare too.

Hi Everyone,

Thanks in advance!

~Terri

Terri:

There will be a host or hostess assigned to the solo lounge to coordinate dinner plans and possibly some other activities. They have a dry mark board where pax post plans for excursions and entertainment venues, and meeting other solos is quite easy when the lounge is open. Great little cabin, experiment with the lighting system. Relax, enjoy and smile, all will be well.