Paying full deposit with price drop - how does this work?

Teamv

I have a little price drop but it will mean that I have to pay the full deposit. Just wondering how this is done. Will I received a notification with my reply if the price drop is approved? How much time do I have to pay the rest of the deposit. No problem paying the deposit, just wondering about the logistics.

This price drop is for Canadian residents and I have never seen this before, although I have only taken 2 previous cruises so I don't have a lot of experience here.

Our total price drops for our 3 person cabin on a 5 day Victory cruise is $280.00, on what we felt was a very good original price. :)

I have a little price drop but it will mean that I have to pay the full deposit. Just wondering how this is done. Will I received a notification with my reply if the price drop is approved? How much time do I have to pay the rest of the deposit. No problem paying the deposit, just wondering about the logistics.

This price drop is for Canadian residents and I have never seen this before, although I have only taken 2 previous cruises so I don't have a lot of experience here.

Our total price drops for our 3 person cabin on a 5 day Victory cruise is $280.00, on what we felt was a very good original price. :)

I called in the same situation and spoke directly with a Carnival PVP who processed the price drop for me and then collected the additional deposit since I had orignially paid 50%. They were very helpful.

Some people were never notified and had bookings cancelled or almost cancelled that they had to get a supervisor to rebook.

I would not assume you will get a notice. If you KNOW you have to pay the full deposit to price match, I would also assume that it means at the time you booked the rate, i.e. the same time you ask to price match to the rate.

Can you clarify what is meant by "deposit"? I paid half of our cruise and have a price drop. Submitted an online form and am waiting.... Should I pay off the cruise totally? Is this what everyone is talking about when using the word deposit?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

Can you clarify what is meant by "deposit"? I paid half of our cruise and have a price drop. Submitted an online form and am waiting.... Should I pay off the cruise totally? Is this what everyone is talking about when using the word deposit?

Deposit is the minimum amount of money required to hold your reservation. It's $200 pp on a 5 day cruise. So for example, with the half off specials it would be $100 pp.

Thanks. I guess I should be OK then. I booked online and paid over that amount. I just don't want to lose my reservation because I submitted a price drop form. First time I am actively looking at the prices after 6 cruises!

Thanks. I guess I should be OK then. I booked online and paid over that amount. I just don't want to lose my reservation because I submitted a price drop form. First time I am actively looking at the prices after 6 cruises!

If you're in doubt, do a mock booking and see what it says the deposit amount is that's due. Then if you're at or over that, you're fine.

Thanks to everyone for the replies. As suggested, I called Carnival and received the price drop and the person I spoke with told me she put a note on my booking stating that the reduced deposit requirement is continued so I don't need to pay the full deposit. In fact, she urged me not to in case we cancel, so that we don't tie up a larger deposit. She told me to call for any further price drops however, rather than send in the price protection form, as another agent might not do the same thing and at some point in time we may have a problem.

I received my confirmation email stating the price drop was confirmed and with no note about the deposit.

Not confident about any of what she said, after I hung up I went online and I increased our payment to the full deposit amount. Very happy about my $280 in price drops, and with Carnival customer service during all my price drops (4 in total), but after spending time on CC and hearing lots of stories, I figure better safe than sorry! :cool:

Thanks to everyone for the replies. As suggested, I called Carnival and received the price drop and the person I spoke with told me she put a note on my booking stating that the reduced deposit requirement is continued so I don't need to pay the full deposit. In fact, she urged me not to in case we cancel, so that we don't tie up a larger deposit. She told me to call for any further price drops however, rather than send in the price protection form, as another agent might not do the same thing and at some point in time we may have a problem.

I received my confirmation email stating the price drop was confirmed and with no note about the deposit.

Not confident about any of what she said, after I hung up I went online and I increased our payment to the full deposit amount. Very happy about my $280 in price drops, and with Carnival customer service during all my price drops (4 in total), but after spending time on CC and hearing lots of stories, I figure better safe than sorry! :cool:

Smart move. The one girl I talked to when I changed from Past Guest to Early Saver insisted I didn't need to put the additional deposit since I originally booked with a half off sale.

Went to my reservation online and it said the other $200 was due back on the date I originally put the first $200. I immediately put in my CC info for the balance of the deposit. It then showed up as only the final payment due Aug 21.

It's such a hit and miss with getting the right answer from Customer Service (not a problem unique to Carnival as Celebrity stinks just as bad). All the notes in the world won't matter to the computer when it automatically cancels your reservation for non payment.

Again, good job on just paying it. Better safe than sorry!!

Archived