Wine in suitcase - Oasis

I read on another thread, but cannot find it in the search, about packing the allowed 2 bottles of wine in your suitcase. I think the responses were that if you pack them, your bag will likely end up in the "naughty room." We don't want to lug around 2 bottles in a carry-on all day, so we were going to pack them (we're driving to the port, not flying).

My question is, if the bag is sent to the "naughty room" how much of a hassle is it to pick it up?

TIA!

I read on another thread, but cannot find it in the search, about packing the allowed 2 bottles of wine in your suitcase. I think the responses were that if you pack them, your bag will likely end up in the "naughty room." We don't want to lug around 2 bottles in a carry-on all day, so we were going to pack them (we're driving to the port, not flying).

My question is, if the bag is sent to the "naughty room" how much of a hassle is it to pick it up?

TIA!

Not a huge hassle, but it means your suitcase will be delayed, and you'll have to take time out and go down to security. Maybe it takes a couple of minutes. Maybe they have a bunch of people down there and it takes 15 minutes.

We don't want to lug around 2 bottles in a carry-on all day...

Just a note that it certainly won't be "all day". The cabins are ready at either 1 or 1:30, barring any unforeseen circumstances. You can certainly drop them off then and carry on with your vacation. :)

It's recommended to have wine in your carry on because of the fact your checked luggage might be sent to the naughty room to confirm you are not smuggling any other kind of alcohol onboard. If you have to go to claim your bag down there it might be pretty quick or it could take awhile if a lot of bags have been detained and everyone shows up at the same time to claim their bags.

In all honesty, it was no big deal to carry them around. My room was ready promptly at the time posted. It was less than an hour that I had them on my person. Most of that time I had the bag on the ground while I was having lunch.

You could always put them in a small bag with wheels if you don't want them on your shoulder. Or just plan to get on board after when rooms are ready. Problem solved.

I did not wish to risk having the bottles break and ruining my clothes... that was my motivation.

How do most of you carry on your 2 bottles of wine. On Carnival we used a rolling carry-on. I spent a lot of time planning so that they would not break and wrapped them in beach towels.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

We just put them in a tote bag.

How do most of you carry on your 2 bottles of wine. On Carnival we used a rolling carry-on. I spent a lot of time planning so that they would not break and wrapped them in beach towels.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Wine diapers. Yes, such a thing exists. :D

Archived