Specialty Dining Package– the Signature Trio

Hey everyone, first time cruiser here.

I'll be going on a cruise with my parents this Sunday on the Norwegian Epic, and I was just booking our reservations for Entertainment and some of the Speciality Dining's. I would like to opt for the 'Signature Trio' Dining package, but i'm slightly confused at the check-out.

In the message it says:

Discounted price will be reflected when all (3) restaurants are selected during the online check-out process

I've selected all 3 - La Cucina, Cagney's Steakhouse and Le Bistro - yet the price stays exactly the same? It's not discounted in anyway... Is that because I have to actually make the payment for me in order to see the discount? :confused:

I would really appreciated if someone could help me with this.. I hope it's not a stupid question...

The price for the trio is currently $57 (was originally $47 but the cover charges of stakehouse and italian were rised when the menus updated earlier this year) so the discount is still $8 pp.

.....and saw these dinner packages. I don't remember where I saw them. I'm looking at my reservation on the Breakaway for August and don't see it under dining.

Can someone tell me where I should be looking for this package or is it not offered on the Breakaway?

:confused:

wasiii

.....and saw these dinner packages. I don't remember where I saw them. I'm looking at my reservation on the Breakaway for August and don't see it under dining.

Can someone tell me where I should be looking for this package or is it not offered on the Breakaway?

When you prebook all three speciality restaurants at the same time, the package price should update at the checkout page.

When you prebook all three speciality restaurants at the same time, the package price should update at the checkout page.

.....but I thought I read it on a web page and that there were 3 different packages you could do. I thought the other two might have been 2 restaurant packages.

wasiii

Plus you get one bottle of wine for doing the restaurant package. So although the overall discount is slim, the bottle of wine makes it a better deal.

Do you get the bottle of wine just for booking the specialty package or do you have to book a specialty restaurant reservation for the first night in order to get the free bottle of wine?

Do you get the bottle of wine just for booking the specialty package or do you have to book a specialty restaurant reservation for the first night in order to get the free bottle of wine?

You get a free bottle of wine if you book one of the speciality restaurants from the speciality package (La Cucina, Cagney's Steakhouse and Le Bistro) on embarkation night :)

Seems to me (if I remember correctly !) - we received a bottle of wine EVERY night that we were in a specialty restaurant - because we booked in advance - and we requested an "early" time (6:00 PM each time)

The server told us (IF I remember correctly) that anytime you reserve a dining time at 6:00 or earlier - you get a free bottle of wine...this was 2 years ago - so maybe things have changed ????

Seems to me (if I remember correctly !) - we received a bottle of wine EVERY night that we were in a specialty restaurant - because we booked in advance - and we requested an "early" time (6:00 PM each time)

The server told us (IF I remember correctly) that anytime you reserve a dining time at 6:00 or earlier - you get a free bottle of wine...this was 2 years ago - so maybe things have changed ????

This is ship and itinerary dependant. On some ships it's offered as an incentive to eat earlier, on some it's not.

Eat at 6 pm or earlier? Surely that's a time for Afternoon Tea, not dinner? Lol (sorry, the Brit in me speaking), we never eat before 8pm here.

In the UK only old people eat before 6 pm....

ha ha ha ha ha !! - Guess we are truly OLD PEOPLE (not that I didn't know that already)

You are right - when we traveled in Europe last summer - we were surprised about the lateness of the "dinner hour"

Eat at 6 pm or earlier? Surely that's a time for Afternoon Tea, not dinner? Lol (sorry, the Brit in me speaking), we never eat before 8pm here.

In the UK only old people eat before 6 pm....

HaHaaa... you are so right Jewels, i nearly starved trying to find a restaurant in Spain opened at 6 pm for dinner!!!:confused: I lived there for 2 years, and could never adapt to the European style of eating, yet??? everyone there in Spain is so skinny???? go figure..... here in the usa , eating at 9 pm is a perfect recipe for some new upgraded dress sizes!!:eek:

Just wondering - how do you know this ??

Because this is a frequently recurring topic here on board as people have read one review of any ship, start a new thread and then the different experiences start pouring in. On some ships it has been offered on first night only, on some others also later during the cruise (especially if there are not enough reservations, this is used as incentive as I said).

Please advise how you pre book. Is this available on all ships?:)

You can only have the offer if you pre-book online via your MyNCL account From the NCL website Terms & Conditions:

The Signature Trio package is only available online, and does not apply to group dining requests with party sizes larger than eight guests.

The Signature Trio package inclusive of a bottle of house wine for a reservation on embarkation evening is only available online. Onboard reservation changes will not qualify for the bottle of wine. One bottle of house red or white wine per 4 guests. A party of 5-8 guests will receive 2 bottles of house red or white wine. Offer not available on Pride of America.

• 2 weeks later...

.....If you paid for the Signature Trio online, I know if you cancel one of the restaurants the prices will revert back to their original and you will be charged the difference on you ship card, would the same also happen if you changed the reservation to a different day or time?

wasiii

• 2 weeks later...
HaHaaa... you are so right Jewels, i nearly starved trying to find a restaurant in Spain opened at 6 pm for dinner!!!:confused: I lived there for 2 years, and could never adapt to the European style of eating, yet??? everyone there in Spain is so skinny???? go figure..... here in the usa , eating at 9 pm is a perfect recipe for some new upgraded dress sizes!!:eek:

:DHILARIOUS. heck, by 9pm I am ready for bed. especially on the ship when I sleep like a baby.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I just booked this yesterday. When you book all three restaurants and go to checkout the price does adjust for the savings on all three. When you book one of the specialty restaurants on embarkation night, ( First night you are leaving ) a bottle of wine is included. Not on every night.