Suggestions please.

kuddles14

My husband and I are taking my mother in law on the Independence of the Seas in April. We would like to do an excursion. Does anyone have any good suggestions. My mother in law will be 81 at the time of sailing. She is a young 81. First time there. For all of us. Thanks.

The "Scenic Railway" excursion is a favorite of many and would be perfect for your MIL. You & your DH would probably enjoy doing it too! Actually, rather fun! :D

LuLu

~~~~

Thank you will check it out.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know how much you save by booking the Scenic Railroad directly with the tour operator instead of the cruise line?

Any pros and cons for booking one way vs the other?

Thanks,

Brad

Edited by ihopfar

• 1 month later...
My husband and I are taking my mother in law on the Independence of the Seas in April. We would like to do an excursion. Does anyone have any good suggestions. My mother in law will be 81 at the time of sailing. She is a young 81. First time there. For all of us. Thanks.

In 2011 my DH and I took a cruise that included St Kitts, it was our 40th anniversary. I booked an excursion with Thenford Gray tours and have been raving about it ever since. Some things I couldn't mange, the trip to the top of the fortress, but the views were just as beautiful down at the little shops.

Mr. Gray was the nicest guide, we stopped at a beautiful plantation where Mr Gray told us all about the beautiful plants and there is a batik shop there I am desperate to go back to. We toured the island in a comfortable van. Look at his website for "The Tour". We then had several hours at a beach where you could see monkeys and mongeese (mongooses?). We are going back in Dec 2013 and I'm booking with Thenford Gray tours again.