Advice on room selection please

DrumenaghBrae

We have decided on a cruise on the Celebrity Infinity. We are about to put our deposit down and are selecting our room.

We are struggling to decide between a Sweet Sixteen cabin 6030 on level 6, room 7080 on level 7 or 7180 on level 7.

Are the sweet sixteen balconies completely covered in? Is there any difference in the standard of cabin between a 2C (sweet sixteen) and a 2A. There is very little difference in cost.

The balcony looks great on 7080 with a wide and open view. This is our first cruise and travelling with a child, so the space on the balcony is important to us.

I would appreciate any thoughts, experiences, hints or tips. Once we decide we can book our cruise!

Many thanks in advance,

Alison

Personally I'd choose a sweet sixteen over any other balcony cabin - with the possible exception of an SV. The reason being that they are only half covered so you can sit in the sun or the shade.

There's no difference in the size inside the cabin between a 2c and a 2a.

Many thanks for your replies and links. It is appreciated.

I'm wondering if anyone else has experience of room 7080 or its equivalent which has a corner shaped balcony. My OH really likes the look of this balcony!

The balcony looks great on 7080 with a wide and open view. This is our first cruise and travelling with a child, so the space on the balcony is important to us.

Check out the balconies in the BACK of the ship. The AFT balconies are HUGE and the price is the same.

Thanks. From the deck plans I'm looking at there are no 2a, b or c cabins which are aft. There is a considerable difference in price between 2a and concierge. So we will be sticking with a veranda stateroom. My husband really liked the look of the angled balcony. Will put down the deposit tomorrow :)

We were in 6030 on Constellation last cruise. It was the best regular bacolny stateroom we have had so far. It is double the size of a standard balcony and half covered. Lots of room to move about for the little one. We liked the room so much that we booked it on Infinity for our next cruise.

Have a great cruise whatever you decide,

Archived