Alaska-Celebrity Millennium NB or Norwegian Sun SB?

sourplum

We just made last minutes vacation plan and decided to take our first Alaska cruise. 5 travelers include my 88 years old parents, sister (3 of them never cruised before) my fiance and I. Because work schedules, we only can take cruise between August 3-5th or after Aug 16th. My son took RC Radiance last year and very impressed. However, RC only have inside cabins left. We prefer to get balcony or suite. Also, it will be colder toward to later of August.

So far, we narrow down to 2 choices which have almost same itineraries. One is 8/5-NCL Sun SB and the other is 8/16-Cele Millennium NB. I took RC ,Princess and Carnival before and never tried NCL or Celebrity.

I would appreciate if any one can give suggestions or opinions about these 2 choices! Thank you.

Thanks for your reply. Below are the itineraries: (They seems very similar to me.)

NCL Sun- whittier

- Hubbard Glacier

- Icy Strait (9am-5pm)

- Juneau (7am-1:15pm)

- Sawyer Glacier

- Skagway (7am-5pm)

- Ketchikan (1pm-8pm)

- Cruise Inside Passage

- Vancouver

Celebrity Millennium - Vancouver, BC

- Inside Passage (Cruising)

- Ketchikan (7am-3pm)

- Icy Strait Point (10am-8pm)

- Juneau ( 7am-8:30pm)

- Skagway (7am-4Pm)

- Hubbard Glacier (Cruising)

- Seward

I like the Celebrity itinerary better as it includes a longer time in Juneau so you will have more time to do an excursion and to visit the town. Celebrity does a nice job in Alaska.

You may also want to post this on the Alaska Ports Of Call to get additional input.

Keith

I just did the Millennium last month in Alaska and I recommend it. I'm familiar with the Sun and I think Millennium is a much nicer ship, not to mention I think Celebrity is a lot nicer than NCL. Plus, Seward is an easier debarkation port than Whittier, although Whittier is a lot closer to Anchorage.

We got back from a southbound Radiance cruise a couple weeks ago and had an amazing time. I know you said you are not considering Radiance, but I have compiled a list of Alaska cruise reviews from this year, which includes a couple from Millennium and Sun, which you might find helpful:

2013 Alaska Cruise Review List

Have fun whichever you decide!

Archived