Room Service - please report in......

bardgal

I've been on 9 Princess cruises. Always got a hot breakfast when I called or wrote it on card. Never had a suite.

Turned down last cruise

Island Princess

April, 2005

Ordered eggs and bacon

Phone Order

Declined

I told them that I always had been able to get a hot breakfast before and the room service supervisor told me that The Island and The Coral only provides a hot breakfast to the people in suites or Elite members.

I told them that it wasn't true because I had just got a hot breakfast in April of 2004 on The Coral. They said I must have been in a suite. I said I was in the exact same cabin on both The Island and The Coral (AB 417). They still declined. I went to the Pursers and complained. They delivered me suite breakfast order forms the next day.

I had some other issues with Princess regarding that cruise so I wrote a letter about all my issues to passenger relations. I asked them what their Official policy is regarding rooms service and they managed to avoid answering that question. :(

My in-laws just returned from B2B on the Golden. Told me they ordered off dining room menu for a few nights when he wasn't feeling well. No problems. They were in an inside cabin.

My in-laws just returned from B2B on the Golden. Told me they ordered off dining room menu for a few nights when he wasn't feeling well. No problems. They were in an inside cabin.

Well thats good to hear!!

I clicked the link someone posted above and I wasn't able to find a room service menu. Since I've never cruised before, I can see DH and I doing one of the special dinners or breakfasts on the balcony, but it you guys are all getting eggs, bacon, toast, etc. for breakfast, I think we'll be very happy with the regular delivery. Unfortunately, they are probably catering to folks like us who have never recieved full-on service instead of those of you who have cruised extensively, and that's too bad.:(

We are just off the Grand Princess, 6/19/05 cruise, we had a full suite and could order anything off the dining room menus only during dining room hours.

Our friends that were in minisuite's and other friends in regular balcony cabins could only order off of the room service menu. They tried many times and were constantly refused, that included writing in eggs on the breakfast sheet

They were told that this is new Princess policy. While we were on our cruise we were allowed to order room service ice cream during dining hours. The last 3 days my husband tried to order ice cream he was told that they just had a meeting and new policy is that ice cream is the only item full suites could not order. I called the pursers desk each time and got it approved after a little arguing.

1 - Ship: Grand Princess

2 - Date of Sailing: May 2004

3 - Time of order: Evening

4 - Item ordered: Lobster Tails, Steak, Caesar Salad, etc.

5 - How item was ordered (called room service, wrote on breakfast card): Called Room Services

6 - Was item delivered? Yes, the waiter received a gracious tip as well

We were also in an inside room, not a suite!

We are just off the Grand Princess, 6/19/05 cruise, we had a full suite and could order anything off the dining room menus only during dining room hours.

Our friends that were in minisuite's and other friends in regular balcony cabins could only order off of the room service menu. They tried many times and were constantly refused, that included writing in eggs on the breakfast sheet

They were told that this is new Princess policy. While we were on our cruise we were allowed to order room service ice cream during dining hours. The last 3 days my husband tried to order ice cream he was told that they just had a meeting and new policy is that ice cream is the only item full suites could not order. I called the pursers desk each time and got it approved after a little arguing.

Interesting. We were on the Grand in February of this year (05) and we were able to get anything we wanted in a regular cabin, for breakfast. We didn't try any other meal.

If this is the new policy, I'm very disappointed. We loved having a full breakfast in the room, on the balcony.

As a first time cruiser, I was just reading through all the posts on this thread to see info about room service. My concern is that as I read these....I noticed that there's a post from Icebrat001 that has a little box with a penguin on it that states my isp address, my isp provider, what operating system I'm using and that I use Internet Explorer. What's up with that????? Is this person using SPYWARE on this forum???? I'm concerned and I'd like to hear from the forum moderator on this. Anyone else wondering????

As a first time cruiser, I was just reading through all the posts on this thread to see info about room service. My concern is that as I read these....I noticed that there's a post from Icebrat001 that has a little box with a penguin on it that states my isp address, my isp provider, what operating system I'm using and that I use Internet Explorer. What's up with that????? Is this person using SPYWARE on this forum???? I'm concerned and I'd like to hear from the forum moderator on this. Anyone else wondering????

Wow - that is weird! It has my ISP wrong, but other than that..... very weird.

Archived