Bon Voyage- SF

Amy G

If you mark birth certificate for the BVE forms do you have to bring it with you or will just an drivers license work? What about if you mark Passport, do you have to bring that? Thanks!

If you mark birth certificate for the BVE forms do you have to bring it with you or will just an drivers license work? What about if you mark Passport, do you have to bring that? Thanks!

What you have to bring for the BVE is the same as what you bring for a cruise. The security measures that are taken are the same no matter whether it's a BVE or a cruise to board a cruise ship.

Tom:)

Thank you both. I thought the guy at Princess told me they only needed to bring a photo ID to board, but then when I went to fill out their information online, it did not give me a license as an option.

Thank you both. I thought the guy at Princess told me they only needed to bring a photo ID to board, but then when I went to fill out their information online, it did not give me a license as an option.
Homeland Security doesn't make a distinction between boarding for a BVE or a cruise. The process is the same with the same requirements.

Thanks everyone. I ended up calling Princess to confirm as I read so many different things. They told me you can mark birth certificate and then simply bring your drivers license!

Homeland Security doesn't make a distinction between boarding for a BVE or a cruise. The process is the same with the same requirements.

I just booked a BVE this morning. To embark you need

a boarding pass, a picture id, and a credit card.

To embark on an actual cruise, you would need at least

a birth certificate, if not a passport.

So, there certainly is a security difference.

I just did the BVE in San Francisco on Friday.

I filled out the boarding info online using my passport.

Printed out my boarding pass.

Boarded the ship with my Drivers License Only - No Passport, No Birth Certificate

Just received the following from Princess

"IMPORTANT NOTICES

BON VOYAGE CHECK-IN TIME

We wish to advise you of a change to the check-in time for the Bon Voyage Experience. Check-in will begin at 11:00 am, boarding will commence shortly thereafter. Thank you for your attention to this notification. We look forward to welcoming you hosting you onboard Grand Princess. "

Tom:)

Archived