Shadow --- i'll wait for the facts

bogey

Thank you very much for your prompt opinions - much appreciated.

I respectfully advise that I have extracted some quite different facts from the Carnival report to yourself which lead me to some different conclusions.

I am sure that people on this board would not welcome further lengthy exchanges on 'The Case of The Silver Shadow' and it is for this reason I believe an 'agree to disagree' moment is appropriate.

Readers of this thread may wish to look at the 'scores' I have posted and the related communication and make of it what they wish.

Thank you again for your very considered responses.

Kind regards.

Fair enough. I will admit that having reviewed the corrective action reports for the ships, I have been reminded that each entry on the green sheet can be a deduction, even if it is the same item #, and I apologize for giving out some incorrect information; it's been 5 years since my last USPH inspection. I still stand by my, personal, rankings of the 3 ships, based on the review of the green sheets.

Carnival 13 (71)

Celebrity 4 (78)

Princess 3 (79)

Holl. Am. 5 (81)

Roy.Car. 3 (82)

Linblad 4 (77)

Cunard 1 (84)

Seabourn 1 (74)

SeaDream 3 (81)

Regent 2 (76)

Silversea 1 (82)

Crystal 0

Oceania 0

P&O 0

While these are accurate, some of they back to the 1990's. In the meantime, some cruise lines have changed ownership, etc. Perhaps adding the date of these inspections would be helpful. In the case of one Regent ship, the rating was right after she was built (1999) and the points off were due to incorrect light bulbs, pipes in the wrong place etc. Three of Holland America's low ratings were in 1993 and 1997. Don't think Carnival owned them back then. Cruise ships with meaningful point deductions would be more meaningful IMO.

This is cut and paste from their website. I see nothing wrong with posting it. Correct me if I am wrong

Silversea is the defining name in luxurious cruise travel, distinguished in the ultra-luxury market by its elegant, all-suite ships, all-inclusive pricing, worldwide itineraries and genuine hospitality.

Silversea is proud of their reputation as the "World's Best" cruise line and seeks individuals who take personal pride in their work to join their award-winning staff. Silversea understands that their employees are their greatest asset and are committed to investing their resources in recruiting the very best.

More than 240 shoreside employees in Silversea's Fort Lauderdale, London, Monte Carlo, Sydney and Singapore offices work together with a staff of 1,600 aboard Silversea's fleet of six ships to provide guests with unique and unforgettable travel experiences around the world. Silversea believes in investing in their employees. By providing a competitive benefits package, as well as opportunities for growth and professional development, Silversea has retained a staff with a strong work ethic and a commitment to personal achievement and corporate success.

If you would like to work for one of the most respected organisations in the travel industry, Silversea invites you to explore their current career opportunities.

PLEASE NOTE: V.Ships Leisure SAM is the ONLY crew management agency for Silversea Cruises. The ONLY authentic emails regarding Silversea employment will show as having been sent from an @Silversea.com or @vships.com email address.

Archived