Spa Cabins on Magic

cruznon

We're considering upgrading to a Spa cabin on the Magic. The cabins look lovely, but I have a couple of questions. I'm considering a cabin on Deck 12, not far from Water Works area.

I see there is a wall that separates the cabin hallways, but I do have some concerns about noise. Anyone have had one of these cabins? I'd appreciate any info.

If you can get at least a few cabins away from the door out to the waterworks you will be fine. We always felt sorry for those with the cabins right by the door because it was always being slammed. We liked the location of 12014 and 12016 - not too far from the elevator, door to the waterworks or if you go all the way forward to the door into the gym.

I would stay away from 12042 and 12044 and 12037 and 12035, which are the closest cabins to the exterior doors that lead to the waterworks. That being said the Deck 12 spa cabins are a great location as far as getting to Serenity and the Lido.

Thank you so much for your input. :p

After looking over the deck plans, This was a concern I had. Once you have a cabin in a less than desirable location, you are very careful when selecting a cabin in the future.

We're considering upgrading to a Spa cabin on the Magic. The cabins look lovely, but I have a couple of questions. I'm considering a cabin on Deck 12, not far from Water Works area.

I see there is a wall that separates the cabin hallways, but I do have some concerns about noise. Anyone have had one of these cabins? I'd appreciate any info.

Stay on deck 10 and you avoid those problems.

• 2 weeks later...

we had 12001, right across from the door to the gym. Very quite!!! whole floor seemed quite and peaceful. Our cabin was ALL THE WAY forward so our balcony had no patrician toward the front of the ship and the ship curves toward the front..........GREAT VIEW!!! made the balcony seem larger without a patrician on one side. It was fun seeing toward the front of the ship too. Love spa deck, can't say enough good things about it.

If you can get at least a few cabins away from the door out to the waterworks you will be fine. We always felt sorry for those with the cabins right by the door because it was always being slammed. We liked the location of 12014 and 12016 - not too far from the elevator, door to the waterworks or if you go all the way forward to the door into the gym.

I would stay away from 12042 and 12044 and 12037 and 12035, which are the closest cabins to the exterior doors that lead to the waterworks. That being said the Deck 12 spa cabins are a great location as far as getting to Serenity and the Lido.

We had 12037 in the Magic TA:

--no one used the door in front of the cabin, they tended to go straight ahead and use the door they came to instead of using the one to the right which lead right to our cabin. The cabin was quiet from that aspect

--there was no protection over the balcony and people hung out and over the balcony all the time so there was no privacy

--the stair to the serenity deck is right above the cabin and at sunrise every morning, there were picture takers running up and down those stair trying to get sunrise pictures (sounded like they were on horses)

--as soon as we boarded, they steward told us not to leave anything on the balcony, it would get wet?? not sure of what she meant until....

....there is a drain hole right above the balcony and excess water from the dump bucket and even when they mopped the deck, the water poured all over our balcony, so in 16 days we did not use it much. If you sat out there you were soaked.

we got a free upgrade because no one booked it, they apparently knew more than we did.

Archived