Odds of collectors voyage added later on?

selma

After doing a lot of research on the HAL website, I got a lot of info I was looking for. Trying to get a picture of the financial consequences and itinerary options of turning a 14 night baltic cruise for 2014 I've got my eye on into a 21 night or 28 night.

To keep it understandable, that 14 night Baltic is on may 24th. Adding on after these 14 days wouldautomatically mean making it a 28 nighter since the next itinerary is a 14 night midsummer son. Itineraries are available as seperate ones and as collectors voyage.

Adding before the 24th so that Baltic would be on the end of the trip leaves options;

* turning into 21 night with 7 day Norwegian fjords from may 17th. Available as seperate and collectors voyage

* turning into 28 night. Would mean depart on may 10th, and adding the Norwegian legends onto baltic and Norwegian fjords. This can be booked in multiples way, namely;

1) book as 3 seperate bookings

2) book as a 21 night collectors voyage from the 17th and a seperate 7 nighter on the 10th.

3) book as a 14 night collectors voyage from the 10th and a 14 night collectors voyage on the 17th.

I'm missing one option though in the last one; a collectors voyage 28 night departing on may 10th. It's not given as an option. What are the odds that they add that option? I'm guessing they don't add these on later, but is that right???? When looking at these days, at the moment it would be cheapest to book it as option 2, so a 21-night and a 7-night. That is both when purely looking at cruise price, but also after factoring in OBC from FCC.

Also, is there any rhyme or reason to price decrease/increase correlation between seperate itineraries and collector voyage itineraries? For instance when 2 consequetive 7 nigth itinerary see a price decrease, would that always mean also a price decrease for the collectors voyage combining those 2 7-nighters or is that judged seperately on their supply/demand? Might I be locking myself in too much price wise when booking a 28-night collectors voyage instead of 2 or 3 seperate reservations?

Since no one has answered you - HAL can add collectors cruises later. It's certainly happened before. It seems to happen a lot for the Caribbean. For Europe the collectors are normally set up early - but that doesn't mean it might not happen. I'd book and then keep your eye on things:)

We have booked b-to-b in the past and at least three times, HAL, at a later date, converted that booking to a Collectors. They gave us a small discount when they did so.

Our cruises were shorter than those about which you are speaking so don't know if that would be a factor.

We have not booked any Baltic or Med cruises lately.

But a few times since the Collector Cruises have been offered, we did book Caribbean cruises as back-to-back cruises. Then I noticed a few months before the sailing date that the cruises were being offered as Collector Cruises. So I called our TA and she contacted HAL to make them a Collectors Cruises. It was done.

Archived