What to do if I remain in Tampa for afternoon?

sailandcruise

Will be on Norwegian Dawn later this year from Tampa to Western Caribbean. I can book a flight home departing at either noon, 230pm, or 730pm. I understand that unless the ship's return is delayed significantly, any of these times will work. I'm trying to figure out if taking the 230 or 730 flight will be worthwhile in terms of being able to do something fun in Tampa between disembarkation from the ship and arrival at the airport, recognizing that I would have to either store luggage or carry it with me. Ideas include a visit to Ybor City (late lunch/early dinner at Columbia Restaurant perhaps?) or something in downtown Tampa.

Does anyone know of a place to store luggage near the port? Anyone have a suggestion for what to do for a few hours or a whole afternoon?

Thanks.

Will be on Norwegian Dawn later this year from Tampa to Western Caribbean. I can book a flight home departing at either noon, 230pm, or 730pm. I understand that unless the ship's return is delayed significantly, any of these times will work. I'm trying to figure out if taking the 230 or 730 flight will be worthwhile in terms of being able to do something fun in Tampa between disembarkation from the ship and arrival at the airport, recognizing that I would have to either store luggage or carry it with me. Ideas include a visit to Ybor City (late lunch/early dinner at Columbia Restaurant perhaps?) or something in downtown Tampa.

Does anyone know of a place to store luggage near the port? Anyone have a suggestion for what to do for a few hours or a whole afternoon?

Thanks.

Let's see...Go straight to the airport and back to reality or take a later flight and have a mojito (or two, or three, or...) at Columbia Restaurant and watch the Flamenco Dancers? Hmmm...that's such a tough choice.

Thanks.

There used to be luggage storage at the aquarium near the port - I would look into that and enjoy a long lunch in Ybor beofre flying home. :)

Ideas include a visit to Ybor City (late lunch/early dinner at Columbia Restaurant perhaps?) or something in downtown Tampa.

Thanks.

We did Segway at Ybor City and loved it. Also we ate the main Columbia restaurant and at the one at the airport. Both were very good.

There used to be luggage storage at the aquarium near the port - I would look into that and enjoy a long lunch in Ybor beofre flying home. :)

www.destinationtampa.com

They'll store your luggage for a minimal fee, iirc it's under $10 (total, not per bag). They have an office in (or beside) both Terminal 2 and Terminal 3. I believe you have to return to pick up your bags by 5 pm. They also sell discounted tickets to some of the area attractions.

If you haven't tired of the water, there's a little place that rents electric-powered boats by the hour. www.eboatstampa.com. It's a nice way to see some views of the city that you can't see from land. The trip around the point, past the beautiful grounds of the Uni of Tampa is very pretty. Maybe finish it off with lunch at Ricks on the River, a waterside place that has good seafood & cold beer.

Archived