Sigma 50mm 1.4

Nikon 1 V1

10-30 kit

30-110

FT1 adaptor

GoPro Hero HD

regular gopro mounts

homemade magmount for gopro

probably about 8 SD cards. I will put a 32g in the V1, since my wife will mostly shoot with it and let it run until it is full, I will also put a 32G in the gopro and do the same

I will be going on a Panama Canal transit cruise. On cruises I usually take my Nikon D7000 with a Tamron 18-270, Nikon 18-105 and a Nikon 70-200 f/2.8 and a travel tripod plus cleaning supplies and a laptop.

I recently purchased a Nikon P7800 mirrorless camera and that is all I took on my last cruise. I liked traveling light, but for Panama I'm debating if I should pack the DSLR. Has anyone been on a transit cruise and which camera(s) did you use? We will be flying to the port and I don't want to be weighed down with all the gear again, but I don't want to miss once in a lifetime shots either. Any thoughts?

Looking at your options, I'd say ditch either the 18-270, or the 18-105 & 70-200, or the P7800. I'm all about spares, but taking all of that becomes double-redundant in my view. I'm planning to take three cameras, mostly to have three lenses ready at (almost) all times, but they're on a common system so if one dies I keep on shooting.

I'm going light this week. Canon 550D and 50mm 1.4. Leaving the 5D3, 600 EXRT, 24-70 at home.

We are cruising from Baltimore to Canaveral, Nassau and Coco Cay. If we were going to more exciting places I'd probably schlep the heavier gear.

We are going on the Oasis of the seas next week and I am taking:

Canon 6D with 40mm pancake

430 EX Speedlight

CANON Eos M with 22mm f2 (love those pancakes)

270 EX Speedlight

18-55 zoom

50mm 1.4

Plus all the assorted batteries, cables, chargers, light modifiers...

Also my MacBook Pro 13 with Lightroom. I find it a lot easier to keep up with the post processing during the cruise, than stare at hundreds of raw images when we get home.