Loyalty Exchange with RCCL

rosinryanz

Yes they do. You will get the same level of perks on Celebrity as you would on RCCL. You will not, however, receive a cruise credit on RCCL ( you will, of course, receive one on Celebrity).

Now this confuses me (I know, I confuse easily). By the time we sail on RCCL next year we will have 4 cruises with Celebrity. In 1993 I cruised on Nordic Prince - does that count? Should I call RCCL and ask them all this. We have a GS on RCCL next year.

How about this scenario (if anyone has done this):

I'm diamond, my partner is platinum. We're going on a RCCL cruise in November that will make my partner diamond, and planning a Celebrity cruise with a group of people in January. Now, obviously, for the free upgrades/etc, it's beneficial to start working out the process to ensure my partner is a member of Celebrity's Captain's Club program.

HOWEVER, the concern is this. If he calls up to become a member, then becomes a RCCL diamond member...will they bump him from Select to Elite, or is it a "one time chance" to obtain membership in the sister programs at whatever level you are currently at?

Provided you are at the second level or above, you will get the perks of the equivalent level on Celebrity which do are not the same perks as Royal Caribbean. The number of cruises of each line stay separate for each line, and your membership level in each will be at the highest level that you are in either of the two. RCCL keeps their own count and Celebrity keeps their own count. At the lowest level of membership, the benefits are not reciprocal.

For example:

A) You have 8 cruises with Royal Caribbean and 3 with Celebrity. Before the reciprocal agreement, you would be at classic level in Celebrity and Platinum level with RCCL. Now you would still be Platinum with RCCL, but you would be Select with Celeb.

B) You have 3 cruises with RCCL(Gold) and 3 cruises with Celebrity (Classic). You would still be Gold and Classic and would need 2 more cruises in one of the two lines to move up (must be on the same lne).

C) You have 11 cruises with Celebrity(Elite) and 0 with Royal Caribbean. You would be Elite with Celeb and Diamond with RCCL without even taking a cruise on RCCL.

D) You have 4 cruises with RCCL(Gold) and 0 with Celeb. You would be Gold with RCCL and you would have to cruise another time on RCCL in order to get membership in the Captains club or cruise Celebrity and join at the classic level with that one cruise.

How about this scenario (if anyone has done this):

I'm diamond, my partner is platinum. We're going on a RCCL cruise in November that will make my partner diamond, and planning a Celebrity cruise with a group of people in January. Now, obviously, for the free upgrades/etc, it's beneficial to start working out the process to ensure my partner is a member of Celebrity's Captain's Club program.

HOWEVER, the concern is this. If he calls up to become a member, then becomes a RCCL diamond member...will they bump him from Select to Elite, or is it a "one time chance" to obtain membership in the sister programs at whatever level you are currently at?

Worry not, I had the same scenario and concern. They should upgrade you on both automatically but I would call and check just to be safe.

Archived