Anytime Dining - Formal Nights

Hello all,

My DH and I and 4 of our friends will be going on an Alaskan Cruise on Aug 31, 2013 on the Sapphire Princess. I am a bit confused on the dining options. We have opted for anytime dining as it will work best for us - however - we would still like to take part in a formal night. Can we participate in formal nights if we have opted for anytime dining?

Just some general information on Anytime Dining on the Sapphire Princess. There are 4 Anytime Dining rooms located on Decks 5 and 6, midship, just off the Piazza. You can go to any one of them if you're signed up for Anytime. They each have a different theme: Asian, Italian, Santa Fe, and Steakhouse. The menus are exactly the same in all four dining rooms. Each one does have a specialty dish that's not on the menu. Your server will tell you what it is. You are also able to order any of the other specialty dishes in each dining room. Dining times are usually from 5:30pm until around 10pm. You can show up anytime within those times. One of the 4 dining rooms will probably be used for an early Traditional dining room until 7:30pm. But the other 3 will be strictly Anytime all evening. On my cruise the Vivaldi was the early Traditional room. But check your daily Princess Patter to be sure how it will be on your cruise.

Enjoy your cruise. The Sapphire is a beautiful ship, and Alaska is amazing!

Archived