8-1-13 Thursday Weigh-In Thread

Jan_In_Maine

I have also been lurking around the boards for a weight loss support buddy group! Seems supportive and welcoming.

A little back story...

I am 5'5", currently 142 lbs, age 36. According to my doctor, a healthy range for me is within 111-150. In my younger days I maintained 105lbs without effort. :rolleyes:

My journey started last year, at 165lbs. :eek: Once I quit drinking alcohol, along with better nutrition and a more active lifestyle, the pounds just started to melt away. :D I lost 30 lbs from February to October.

Though today, I'm still not drinking, I did gain back 9 lbs, :rolleyes: which is why I'm starting back up again. My first cruise is in Jan/14, and my goal is to lose 15-20 lbs. This seems like a lot, but I figure I may gain some one the cruise, and I still want to remain in that healthy range.

I revved up my weight loss again two weeks ago, and am now down 2 lbs, and 2 inches. Doing it the healthy way, no processed foods or artifical sugar, and more excerise. Feeling better already!

Looking forward to this journey with you!

Crystal

HI all!

Crystal ~ welcome to the thread!:D Wow that's some range the doctor gave you!! I was 5' 1 3/4" & had been around 146 the 20 years before I retired 6 years ago.

I got down to 135 last year after my knee replacement but have now put on 20 lbs.:eek:

You know what to do & have succeeded before so you're set.

I've got to get serious as this is too much weight. I was 105 lbs a LONG time ago before I had the kids.;) Salty snacks & chocolate are my downfall!

~ Jo ~ :)

I'll jump in and join you guys. I feel at home already since I'm seeing some familiar names on this board! Jan and Skiiergirl, we will have to compare progress on Oasis!:D:D

I'm a longtime WW online member. Well, I've been sending them $$ for a long time now, anyway -- haven't always followed the program! But, have been trying to re-evaluate my overall program of food and activity this year and seems things are working out well. Am down about 13 lbs total, and have 9 lbs to go to goal. I seriously doubt I'll get there by August 17, but will just have to accept a week's "interruption" and then get back on track.

So, just to be clear: there's a new thread every Thursday?

Hey,

Just now saw you had joined us here! Wish I only had 9 more to go! Yes, new thread each Thursday with that day's date in the title. Usually Belle or Jan start it. Belle starts us with a lovely poem but she has a lot going on right now so sometimes Jan gets the thread going. I usually don't post progress until Friday though as I weigh on Friday mornings to know how "well" I did that week (and then again on Monday's so I know how bad I was over the weekend and how much I have to really buckle down that week...lol).

Hugs!

Thanks skiiergirl and Jan for the welcome! Shootr you are quite an inspiration. I'll be weighing tomorrow morning even though it's only 3 days dieting. Then I plan on weighing once a week and trying not to become obsessed with what the scale says!

Cindy

Here's a really good breakfast recipe from South Beach Diet.

Cheesy Fritatta: (This is my doubled version to make 4 servings- cook once eat twice for me and dh)

1 zucchini diced; 1 yellow summer squash diced; 1/4 onion diced; 1/2 bell pepper diced; 2 tomatoes diced; 4 tsp smart balance. melt the smart balance in oven safe skillet. sauté the zucchini, squash, onion and bell pepper until tender, add tomato and pepper and basil (just a pinch of dried) to taste. (use fresh basil if you have it)

5 eggs; 1 cup low fat cottage cheese; 1/2 cup fat free evaporated milk - blend in blender or whisk well. Pour egg mixture over vegetables, cover and cook over medium heat for a few minutes until it starts to set. Preheat broiler - remove lid and broil for a few minutes until it starts to brown and eggs are set...sprinkle top with 1/2 cup low fat shredded pepper jack or cheddar.

Can't tell you the calories or points but it is yummy.

Archived