Looking at booking on the Royal, cat BZ???

GLCAS

How do I tell the difference between different quotes I am getting for different categories for Balconies? One says BZ and another OZ and BY???:confused: Thanks for any info.:)

You compare apples with apples. Location, location, location. Just select where you want to be and then consider who gives you the best price. But beware of agents who charge fees. For anything.

You compare apples with apples. Location, location, location. Just select where you want to be and then consider who gives you the best price. But beware of agents who charge fees. For anything.
I agree with Pia. Compare pricing for the same category in order to get a true comparison. Price differences for the same type of cabin, i.e., are based on location. Either location on a deck or a different deck. If you want a balcony and don't care about where that cabin in on the ship, book the lower category and price.

Here's a website with a great explanation of what the categories mean: http://content.princess.com/pcan/images/1984/Fleet-Recat-Announce.pdf

For basics you can figure categories like this:

The first letter would be the type of cabin, i.e.

S for suite

M for mini-suite

D for deluxe balcony

B for balcony

O for ocean view

I for interior

The letters A,B,C,D,E,F are used for standard cabins with A being most desirable (such as midship, higher deck) location to F being the least desirable for the location.

The letters U,V,W,X,Y,Z are for obstructed views with U being most desirable and Z being least desirable.

Premium cabins such as suites and deluxe balconies use numbers 1-6 with number 1 being the most desirable to 6 being the least desirable.

This is the general categorization according to Princess but consider your own personal preferences in regards to location. For instance, I wouldn't give up an aft view lower category balcony myself to be upgraded to a higher category midship because I want the view.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

How do I tell the difference between different quotes I am getting for different categories for Balconies? One says BZ and another OZ and BY???:confused: Thanks for any info.:)

You can't as each is in a different pricing category.

You can only compare BZ to BZ, OZ to OZ and BY to BY.

BZ is the lowest priced balcony cabin and has an obstructed view.

BY is the second lowest balcony cabin and has an obstructed view.

Only real difference between BZ and BY is location on the ship. Cabin size is the same.

OZ is the lowest price ocean view (no balcony) cabin and has an obstructed view. View may be completely blocked or may actually have a predecent view between objects. Depends on location.

Important: Royal does not have any oceanview cabins, so you should not have received a quote on an OZ cabin. Did you mean DZ (lowest price obstructed view deluxe balcony)?

FYI:

Lowest price unobstructed ocean view (no balcony) cabin is OF

Lowest price unobstructed balcony is BF

THis is the description on Princess site. "PART OBSTRUCTED VIEWNON-GLASS BALC RAIL/EXTENDED ANGLED BALCONY".

Just how different is this room and balcony from others? It seems to be a bigger balcony because it is a triangle. Anyone have any experience with these rooms?

Archived