Formal night on Ryndam

maysdot

Does anyone know if there are jackets available on the Ryndam for passengers who do not have one for formal night dinners. My SIL is in the military and will be taking a cruise on Ryndam for his R&R. Obviously he will not have formal attire with him. My DD will be able to take a shirt and tie for him to wear but won't have room to pack a suit.

If no borrowed jackets are available, does anyone know if the 'surf and turf' menu is offered in the Lido on formal nights?

Does anyone know if there are jackets available on the Ryndam for passengers who do not have one for formal night dinners. My SIL is in the military and will be taking a cruise on Ryndam for his R&R. Obviously he will not have formal attire with him. My DD will be able to take a shirt and tie for him to wear but won't have room to pack a suit.

If no borrowed jackets are available, does anyone know if the 'surf and turf' menu is offered in the Lido on formal nights?

Not sure if they have any jackets available but do know that one can rent a TUX..

Suggest either you or DD call the TUX rental outfit & ask if they would rent him a white jacket..Tell them he is in the Military & will have dark slacks with a shirt & tie..Since he's in the Military they might even consider not charging him much for it..

Another thought, Would your SIL consider wearing his dress uniform on formal night? It certainly would be welcomed in the MDR..:):)

They can order anything on the MDR menu such as Surf & Turf through room service...Not sure if Lido would have it..

We will be boarding the Ryndam Nov. 17..We'll be on a two week & then a one week out of Tampa B2B..

Hope your children have a wonderful time on their cruise..

cheers...:)Betty

.................. I'm with Betty, why doesn't he wear his dress uniform, that certainly would be more then exceptable.

I was about to make the same suggestion. About 3 weeks ago on OSDM, there was a Lt. Cmdr in the Navy in full dress uniform, looking very sharp. The month before the passenger physician, a former Special Forces medic, wore his dress blues on all formal nights. They both looked good and there was beaucoup interest in them as a result

I have seen the dining room manager on various ships hand a jacket to men at the entrance of the dining room.

Will your SIL be able to back his military uniform? I have seen quite a few men (and a couple of ladies) wear their uniforms.

As for the surf and turf in the Lido -- lately everyone has been reporting that it was available there -- various ships reporting in here.

However -- you can order room service and have surf and turf delivered there. Just check with the dining room manager as to what time they will have to place their order for room service.

Archived