Sunshine Questions

mcbride114

Just booked our 11-day cruise on the Sunshine. Can someone answer a couple of questions for me - (1) Does a 4A cabin (1449) have a fridge? Normally, there is a bar fridge which we ask the steward to empty, so I can place medicines which need to be refrigerated; (2) I was told this cabin will have two twin beds which can be made into a king and a trundle which the steward makes up in the evening. Does anyone have a picture of these trundle beds?

From what I read only certain decks have fridges. My cabins 5332 and 5336 had fridges, but other cabins we had 9123 and 9125 did not.

Your cabin does not have one in it:

1449 4A 185 sq ft

Beds: twin/king / trundle bed

View: no window or balcony

Bathroom: shower-toilet-sink

Features: flat screen-TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; 3-closets; desk and ottoman seat

Non-smoking

From the travel industry guide on minibars:

Ship: Sunshine (suites and staterooms on decks 3/5/10/11/12 and select staterooms on deck 9)

If you want an inside you will have to go up to at least a category 4C on deck

My dad also requires a refrigerator for medications and if your room doesn't have one....be sure to ask your room steward as soon as you arrive and they will bring one if they are still available. If they are no longer available your room steward will keep an ice bucket or cooler in your room for medications.

You could also contact Carnival prior to your cruise and explain that you need a refrigerator for medications.

been on twelve cruises always with balcony and always had a mini bar fridge. Once got moved to a cabin with French windows and it had mini bar also. Don't know about interiors

None of the Carnival ships prior to the Conquest had refrigerators in the cabins except for the suites.

been on twelve cruises always with balcony and always had a mini bar fridge. Once got moved to a cabin with French windows and it had mini bar also. Don't know about interiors

There are some classes of ships that don't have refrigerators in all of the cabins.

Per Carnivals FAQ they do not recommend using the in cabin fridge for medication storage. They say to request one from Guest Services upon boarding and they are given out on a first come first serve basis. If there isn't one available the medication can be stored in the Medical Center.

The existing Destiny regular cabins on the new Carnival Sunshine do not have refrigerators. The added cabins do. OTOH, the existing cabins have so features that the added ones do not.

They do have a VERY limited number of refrigerators available that are available for passenger use.

They do take up space in the cabin.

A trundle bed on Carnival Elation (perhaps updated on the new Carnival Sunshine). I had pulled it out to see what the heck it was. I'm certain I did not put it in the optimum location.

DSC_3291_Zyde.jpg

One of the few, the proud, refrigerators on Carnival Sunshine in action

DSC_9177_Zyde.jpg

DSC_9179_Zyde.jpg

Archived