Tropical Treasures port change

I was booking the shore excursions for our Christmas Cruise when I noticed a change in port on the second week. We are no longer going to Grenada but going to Kingstown in St Vincent’s instead.

Can anyone recommend activities in Kingstown? I'd done all my research on Grenada but now have to start again!

I presume there will be the usual delay in Thomson informing passengers!

:rolleyes:

We're doing Tropical Treasures in March, booked 8 weeks ago.. one of the ports was St Vincent at the time of booking....didn't know it had replaced Grenada.

I'm stuck on what to do at St Barths..got lots of ideas for the other ports.

On St Barts we have hired a quad bike for the day 90 euros, and plan on riding round the island from beach to beach! I researched it and St barts is expensive and taxis are very dear so this sounded a good option for us. We are both experienced riders.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

That's what's been confusing me, the shore excursions last night said we were in Granada and when I went to book this morning it had changed to Kingstown!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

just checked the thoms website....much oddness going on with this winters caribbean itineraries??:confused:

just done a fake shore excursions booking for tropical treasures (the itinerary I am tracking for march) and it wont allow you to book st barths?? comes up as a sea day?? same happening with christmas tropical treasures?? and grenada has been replaced with st vincent (kingstown)

is it a glitch?? or have they dropped st barths & grenada??:confused:

so now it looks like tropical treasures combined with latin gems could include 4 days at sea .......better get some more sunbeds thoms;)

just checked the thoms website....much oddness going on with this winters caribbean itineraries??:confused:

just done a fake shore excursions booking for tropical treasures (the itinerary I am tracking for march) and it wont allow you to book st barths?? comes up as a sea day?? same happening with christmas tropical treasures?? and grenada has been replaced with st vincent (kingstown)

so now it looks like tropical treasures combined with latin gems could include 4 days at sea .......better get some more sunbeds thoms;)

Yes, I also noticed it said a sea day instead of St Barths when I looked a couple of weeks ago. Still showing Dream at St Barths 26 March on whatsinport though.

still showing st barths on the thoms cruise website too.......for tropical treasures itinerary

much oddness??:confused:

was considering booking for march this week....price is not bad?? will wait now....dont fancy 4 sea days really (although for me a grenada st vincent swap would be a bit of a bonus imo)

I think it’s a glitch Geomagot, I could have booked for St Barts, at a silly price. They have only just become available this week for xmas, at the beginning of the week there were only a choice of 2 both 1 hour.

In Kingstown I have been having a look at hubby climbing the volcano, he's an enthusiast, I'll lay on a beach somewhere:D

good hiking on st vincent...some lovely views...fort charlotte...banana fields its very unspoilt:cool:

however

beaches are not great on st vincent imo....there is only one golden sand beach and its not the one near the port......the one near the port is a grey gritty sand beach....best to travel to one of the islands for truly stunning beaches....princess margaret beach on bequia is one of the best imo....st vincent has some true black sand beaches too but most are only accessible by boat (secluded tho)

still showing st barths on the thoms cruise website too.......for tropical treasures itinerary

much oddness??:confused:

was considering booking for march this week....price is not bad?? will wait now....dont fancy 4 sea days really (although for me a grenada st vincent swap would be a bit of a bonus imo)

When I log into MyThomson it still states that we have a sea day on the day in St. Barts I think it's the usual Thomson admin errors!

no sorry barnowl, never been to st barths....I'm guessing if they do stop there it will be a tender port?

actually, st barths is one of the reasons this itineraray is attracting my interest as its a new port of call (and a new one for me)

the prospect of 4 sea days in a fortnight is putting me off a little tho....I know P&O and others have more sea days in their caribbean itineraries but I believe dream is too small to cut it with too many sea days

no sorry barnowl, never been to st barths....I'm guessing if they do stop there it will be a tender port?

actually, st barths is one of the reasons this itineraray is attracting my interest as its a new port of call (and a new one for me)

the prospect of 4 sea days in a fortnight is putting me off a little tho....I know P&O and others have more sea days in their caribbean itineraries but I believe dream is too small to cut it with too many sea days

geo...yes St Barts (Gustavia) is a tender port.

thanks tina....will try an email......i'm hoping to get this booked up this week.....currently deciding between 2 lines for caribbean this march, thoms v louis crystal (cuba) it will be a bit of blow to my loyalties (thoms loyalties) if they have dropped st barths

and whats withthe grenada thing?? I do know that grenada has copper bottomed contracts with carnival who would probably get priority berthing??

barnowl any thoughts on whats to do in st barths?? I do so luv a new port especially in caribbean (have been crawling all over the caribbean in recent years and st barths is uncharted territory for me)....have you done any research yet?

I hope so too, I've already booked Caribbean for next February. One of the main reasons we booked with Thomson was because there are only 2 sea days. Think P & O have 4 sea days.

Lets hope we get an answer soon. I've just booked the champagne and lobster excursion in Antigua today as didn't want to miss out and places are limited.

I hope so too, I've already booked Caribbean for next February. One of the main reasons we booked with Thomson was because there are only 2 sea days. Think P & O have 4 sea days.

Lets hope we get an answer soon. I've just booked the champagne and lobster excursion in Antigua today as didn't want to miss out and places are limited.

Me too, Grannymags. Chosen for 2 sea days and local airport. Hadn't thought to look at excursions yet.

Been looking over the last few weeks geo. As with most things in life I find it easier to rule out what I don't want and see what's left :D

And this holiday that means no churches, museums, historical sites.. we did all that earlier this year with IE. But you never know. Also no caves, done all that sort of thing in the past with the stalagmites and stalagtites.. to remember which is which tites come down mites go up :D

Do want beaches/hikes/nature stuff, lookout for birds, tropical gardens and wander around the ports.

I imagine St Barth's to be like St Tropez i.e large gleaming yachts.. expensive shops/boutiques/restaurants, afraid we weren't too interested when we were there in April.

Heard the loveliest beach is St Jean (2 miles from Gustavia where you can watch the small planes landing, you can walk but the road is narrow and uphill (St Barth's is hilly) and no pavements, could be risky, may take a taxi and relax with bottle of wine and cheese baguette as suggested somewhere, with a wander around Gustavia later.

Near to Gustavia is Shell beach where you can't see the sand for the shells.. all just the same but you are walking on shells and need shoes, it's a very pretty beach.

Think this comes across as boring will just have to search for more ideas.

Archived