Tropical Treasures port change

Looks like St Barths has been pulled from Tropical Treasures!!

I can fully understand changing itineraries due to weather conditions, war, political disturbances or engine trouble, etc., BUT to advertise an itinerary and then change it when people have booked and paid deposits based on the original itinerary, is more than a little irritating.

It means on Caribbean Charms/Tropical Treasures there are now 3 Sea Days. On P&O there are 4 days but a much better ship to have sea days. I feel extra sorry for those who have booked Tropical Treasures with a stay hotel!

Come on Thomson, what are you thinking about. And when are you going to inform us of the change in itinerary.

I have already emailed them and asked if they have made a mistake!!:eek:

Hope it is a mistake we are going for one week then home.

I hope it is a mistake too. We weighed up various aspects of cruises and came down on this one for the convenience of a local airport and 2 rather than 4 Sea Days. But if you are going for one week that is bad .....and 2 days next to each other!!

Looks like St Barths has been pulled from Tropical Treasures!!

I can fully understand changing itineraries due to weather conditions, war, political disturbances or engine trouble, etc., BUT to advertise an itinerary and then change it when people have booked and paid deposits based on the original itinerary, is more than a little irritating.

It means on Caribbean Charms/Tropical Treasures there are now 3 Sea Days. On P&O there are 4 days but a much better ship to have sea days. I feel extra sorry for those who have booked Tropical Treasures with a stay hotel!

Come on Thomson, what are you thinking about. And when are you going to inform us of the change in itinerary.

I have already emailed them and asked if they have made a mistake!!:eek:

Usually they update the Itinerary page first, then the Shore Excursions, but perhaps as the excursions have just gone on sale today, they've done it the other way around. :confused:

On the itinerary page, all ports have the 'See shore excursions' apart from St Barths. Perhaps they're still waiting for information on St Barths shore excursions, but the system automatically puts it as a day at sea by accident. Very annoying for anyone booked though, I mean changing a port to another is one thing, but to an extra day at sea is stupid! Surely if they can't dock at St Barths for some reason, then a replacement port could have easily been found

Jakanne we have the stop at Tortola after the first sea day then it should be St Barth's then Antigua, Dominica, St Vincent, Barbados.

Different cruise dates appear to have different ports on different days. Confused! :confused:

Shore Excursion states for 23rd February

Bridgetown

SEA

SEA

St. John's, Antigua

Road Town, Brit. Virgin Isles

Roseau, Dominica

Kingstown. St. Vincent

Bridgetown

I'm with you on the beaches/hikes/nature stuff barnowl....st vincent, st lucia, dominca lovely for all that:cool: also like the sound of the gleaming yachts too

hopes you guys are right and they are either: waiting for infos on st barths shorex or its a (typical thoms) glitch...I'm not going to book until I get a reply from thoms

thoms...do not, repeat do not, put the fare up for tropical treasures before replying to me on the st barths issue:p:)

Usually they update the Itinerary page first, then the Shore Excursions, but perhaps as the excursions have just gone on sale today, they've done it the other way around. :confused:

On the itinerary page, all ports have the 'See shore excursions' apart from St Barths. Perhaps they're still waiting for information on St Barths shore excursions, but the system automatically puts it as a day at sea by accident. Very annoying for anyone booked though, I mean changing a port to another is one thing, but to an extra day at sea is stupid! Surely if they can't dock at St Barths for some reason, then a replacement port could have easily been found

I hope so, Sailaway. I am new to this so don't know if this is a regular occurrence. I don't mind a different island, personally, but I do not relish 2 sea days together. Sun bed wars!! :eek: Will just have to wait until they get it sorted out!

I have been looking atthe thoms shorex page again...trying to dig down a bit and have noticed if you hover over caribbean area costa rica pops up?.....has that always been there? did they go there once?

costa rica, that would be a new port and a half wouldn't it:cool::cool:

I have been looking atthe thoms shorex page again...trying to dig down a bit and have noticed if you hover over caribbean area costa rica pops up?.....has that always been there? did they go there once?

costa rica, that would be a new port and a half wouldn't it:cool::cool:

Instead of St Barths or a 2nd Sea Day!? :D:D:rolleyes:

Different cruise dates appear to have different ports on different days. Confused! :confused:

Shore Excursion states for 23rd February

Bridgetown

SEA

SEA

St. John's, Antigua

Road Town, Brit. Virgin Isles

Roseau, Dominica

Kingstown. St. Vincent

Bridgetown

Jakanne I'm new to this too I suppose. Will be our 3rd cruise.

This should be your second week, beginning 2 March shouldn't it?

Am confused too, what's going on?

Jakanne I'm new to this too I suppose. Will be our 3rd cruise.

This should be your second week, beginning 2 March shouldn't it?

Am confused too, what's going on?

Yes, that is our second week, Tropical Treasurers. First week is Caribbean Charms beginning 23rd Feb.

Don't know what is going on!

I have just checked Thomsons website for our Jan 19th Tropical Treasures and it still shows St Barths for our date.

It is still showing for mine on 23 Feb but it is the Shore excursions that is showing 2 sea days on Tropical Treasurers. I'm hoping it is an admin error.

http://cruiseexcursions.thomson.co.uk/. You need your booking number to access your own cruise itinerary.

It is still showing for mine on 23 Feb but it is the Shore excursions that is showing 2 sea days on Tropical Treasurers. I'm hoping it is an admin error.

http://cruiseexcursions.thomson.co.uk/. You need your booking number to access your own cruise itinerary.

It also shows St Barths for ours on 23 March, but shows 2 sea days on Shore excursions... just to test it I selected an excursion, up popped the total cost and I added it to excursion planner....then nothing appeared on planner.

Found my booking ref on the e-mail, and have checked, and it reads for 19 Jan:

1.Bridgetown,Barbados.

2.Sea.

3.Road Town, British Virgin Islands.

4.Sea.

5.St John's, Antigua.

6.Roseau, Dominica.

7.Kingstown, St Vincent.

8.Bridgetown, Barbados.

Are we all the same as some seem to have a different sea days depending on the date sailing.

It looks like we all getting an extra sea day. That is 4 in the 2 weeks for us now as there are 2 on Latin Gems the week after for us.

Just to try and reassure you a bit. Last time we went to Caribbean one of our ports was changed, and on a different occassion a cruise I was checking had a port changed. Neither of these were mentioned on Thomson site but were on C/D. I looked at your dates and it is still showing as a port on their site so I would almost definitely assume it is an admin error from Thomsons.

Just to try and reassure you a bit. Last time we went to Caribbean one of our ports was changed, and on a different occassion a cruise I was checking had a port changed. Neither of these were mentioned on Thomson site but were on C/D. I looked at your dates and it is still showing as a port on their site so I would almost definitely assume it is an admin error from Thomsons.

It's to be hoped so as to reduce your number of port days after booking (for reasons other then security or safety) is nothing short of sharp practice in my book. It smacks of the trick P&O just tried to pull by reducing port times at several ports by a few hours - it's quite blatantly a cost-cutting measure and has now been dropped on the basis of very strong and negative customer reaction.

I wonder just how far the small print regarding 'changes' would go if, in court, cruise companies were shown to be acting only in their own interests and simply advertising cruises they don't deliver purely on economic grounds (to their benefit of course!).

I sincerely hope this is not an increase in sea days as people book on the basis of expecting a certain number of sea days/port days. It is absolutely the first thing I look at (after price) when I'm checking out cruises I see advertised as our preference is to be off the ship visiting new places.

Thomson, if they go down this route, are giving me another nudge to choose another company. I would probably have gone to the Caribbean last Feb on Azura had I wanted 4 sea days in a fortnight - and for a similar price I paid for Thomson with a much newer ship and with more amenities. (Our friends went on Azura and loved it - especially the cinema under the statrs - now I could fancy that in the tropics!) We stuck with Thomson specifically for two more islands to visit.

Surely this can't be good P.R for them - it's bad enough if they start to increase sea days in their itineraries - but to change after booking is deplorable.

I hope you are right happy v and it is another admin error - we've seen it often enough - because if not how can we book with any confidence that the cruise itinerary, barring emergencies, is what we're going to get? :rolleyes:

I hope that for all of you booked on this itinerary, the confusion gets sorted out p.d.q. - and that you are happy with the outcome i.e. you're getting what you have booked!

Found my booking ref on the e-mail, and have checked, and it reads for 19 Jan:

1.Bridgetown,Barbados.

2.Sea.

3.Road Town, British Virgin Islands.

4.Sea.

5.St John's, Antigua.

6.Roseau, Dominica.

7.Kingstown, St Vincent.

8.Bridgetown, Barbados.

Are we all the same as some seem to have a different sea days depending on the date sailing.

It looks like we all getting an extra sea day. That is 4 in the 2 weeks for us now as there are 2 on Latin Gems the week after for us.

There appears to be 3 slightly different itineraries for Tropical Treasures (just the order of islands visited i think) but all are advertised for 1 sea day only. Caribbean Charms has one sea day but Latin Gems is advertised for 2 sea days, due to the distance travelled I expect.

Have sent 2 emails asking if this just an error but i am still awaiting a reply?

It also shows St Barths for ours on 23 March, but shows 2 sea days on Shore excursions... just to test it I selected an excursion, up popped the total cost and I added it to excursion planner....then nothing appeared on planner.

Have tried that too. On my cruise Dream is still scheduled in St Barths on the second "sea day". That leads me to think it is just an error.......please!

Thanks Happy V for the reassurance. TBO for me, and I know it will not apply to others, I do not mind too much, if they have a problem, changing St Barths to a different island at this early stage, as they are all new islands to me. What I object to is another day at sea on a ship which I understand has difficulty coping with the number of passengers related to outside deck facilities.....eg sun beds, seating and pools.

As Kruzseek has so eloquently put it, 'to change after booking is deplorable' and "how can we book with any confidence that the cruise itinerary, barring emergencies, is what we are going to get."

We await with growing impatience! :eek::rolleyes:

Archived