Emerald Princess Thermal Suite Cost

hpeabody

I tried Princess but they are unable to answer my question. Can someone who has very recently cruised on the Emerald and bought the whole cruise thermal suite tell me what they paid, please. I am on a 14 day cruise coming up soon and would love to know in advance to plan my budget.

Hi,

I haven't been on the Emerald but was on the Crown last year and signed up for the thermal suite. We were on a 14 day cruise and they had an embarkation special on the first afternoon of $99. The price went up to about $130 the next day, so make sure you buy as soon as you get on board.

It was called the Managers Special.

Hope this helps.

I’ve found the Thermal Suite going at about $10 per day per person, so a 14 day trip would be about $140 each, or – as noted if bought on sail-away day, then you often get a discount on both the individual and couples price. I’ve also seen the price as high as $99 for a seven day cruise and $150 for a 14 day cruise (per person, no discount).

Also, there is a limited number of individual sales for the Suite, normally 50 to 55, so you need to purchase quickly to ensure a place. There are more folks using the Thermal Suite though than those who purchase – all sailing with a full-suite (purchased or upgraded) get free (well, free is a misnomer, as it is sort of a paid portion of the full-Suite cost) use of the Thermal Suite.

Is it a good deal? I tend to think so, as it is very relaxing. Concerning spa price, if you use it 7 times for 30 to 60 minutes during your cruise, it’s really only costing $15 or so each time – which in spa dollars is a real good deal for a half hour or more.

Thermal Suite normally has 5 thermal ‘beds’ (warm tiled lounge chairs?), an aroma therapy sauna, wet and semi-dry sauna, two multi-faucet multi-pulse showers, and a large regular shower. Many are situated down-stairs from the spa (some on the same level) and those are not handicap accessible (that I know of, but maybe there is a separate way down if you are mobile challenged, not sure).

Archived