Which one in Freeport? "All Inclusive Viva Wyndham Resort" or "Taino Beach Retreat

crazy.cruzer

I did the Wyndham in January, not the best. I had also been debating about that or the Taino beach one but there were no reviews for that one. The day we went the they canceled the water activities because of the weather, gave us the option to get a refund or still go, didn't find out until we were outside the terminal waiting for the bus so we decided to go anyways. The problem was all the non-water activities that were listed were also closed when we got there, the had a pool table but you had to pay a $50 deposit to get the balls for it. We had an okay time but would not do it again. The drinks were good but the food was not that great. Plenty of chairs on the beach not many around the pool and hot tub.

We did the wyndam in 2012 and at first was freaked out...the bus left late for some reason and when they gather you at the resort you are in this "theater"for them to give instructions which was a giant hut with old plastic chairs. Having been to an AI in the Mayan Riviera this paled in comparison. But after that I was pleasantly surprised...the drinks were good and strong, pool was nice, and good was decent. Best part for us is the swimming area actually contained a small coral reef...we swam for hours around it and saw tons of wildlife. For us that made it worthwhile. But the actual resort...eh, not impressive.

My DH and I did the Wyndham excursion in March and would not do it again. Our port got changed from Grand Turk to Freeport right before boarding and we thought an AI for the day woyld be a good idea since we had never been there before and didnt have time to research. IMHO I wouldn`t waste my money again!

Sent from my LGL86C using Forums mobile app

Struggling with a decision here. The Wyndham doesnt have great reviews so Im leaning towards Taino Beach Retreat with Lunch. Anyone have any first hand experiences with either one of these??

Don't know anything about Taino, and I know that Wyndham doesn't get great reviews. However, we actually stayed at the Wyndham for 3 nights a few years ago and it wasn't that bad. Drinks were plentiful and reasonably strong. Plenty of beach chairs and DH LOVED the snorkeling right from the beach. If you decide to go, take your own large thermal cup/glass and they will fill it up instead of having to go back often for the small sized cups they serve their drinks in.

Archived