Celebrity Xpedition - Galapagos - cruise A or B

lithlith

I see that the Celebrity Xpedition has two choices - cruise A and cruise B for the Galapagos...and they have different stops...has anyone been on both itineraries and can compare or recommend one over the other?

(I'm also considering the Silverseas Galapagos, so if you have any insight into their itinerary in comparison feel free to chime in!)

We are booked on the Silver Galapagos, central and northern itinerary. I drove myself halfway mad trying to figure out the answer to your question. Some wise sole finally calmed me by pointing out that the cruiselines would do their very best to make sure that both itineraries were equally exciting. This site http://www.galapagos-islands.com/destinations.html has a very nice island by island breakdown in case there is anything specific you want to see. Also, I understand that itineraries can sometimes be changed at the last minute for reasons that only the Galapagos Ecuador authorities comprehend meaning that even if you decided on the absolute perfect itinerary you could find yourself elsewhere once having boarded.

You should go to this thread, which has very extensive discussions about your question and anything else you could possibly want to know.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1504555.

In direct answer to your question, the previous poster is correct, they both are equally good, and it just depends on whether you have very definite ideas about what to see. If you simply want the Galapagos experience, either will be more than satisfactory.

I see that the Celebrity Xpedition has two choices - cruise A and cruise B for the Galapagos...and they have different stops...has anyone been on both itineraries and can compare or recommend one over the other?

(I'm also considering the Silverseas Galapagos, so if you have any insight into their itinerary in comparison feel free to chime in!)

I think the only big difference is where are the penguins abd blue footed boobies. I also will say we did the Expedition and I would highly recommend it over any other tour guide out there. We researched for over 3 years and read all reviews, including ones who did other tours the the Expedition. It is 5 STARS, and the greatest group of people working on the boat. Celebrity does so much for the Galapagos, which you will learn if you use them. Either tour is great from the reviews we have read since we did not have our split up. You will still see everything, depending of the time of year. I think one does better that the other for seeing Kicke Rock, it was beautiful. The government split up the destinations, to preserve the islands. Mary

• 1 month later...

We did this two years ago and went in February. When waters were warm for swimming. The greatest experience was swimming with the seals and watching the moms feeding their babies. Missed the Albratoss but that was the chioices we made as they said it depends on what you like to see and do as it made it warm for hiking but not unbearable. Celebrity has been doing this for many years and has it down pat to an outstanding trip where your hand never goes in your pocket.

Archived