Braemar Fly Cruise to Caribbean is back!

ladylemondrop

We had never really considered a Caribbean cruise but this thread got us thinking. But the Braemar was just under £3000 for a balcony - that is a lot. Hunted around and we are booked for not a too different itinerary on P&Os Adonia. And a balcony there is under £2300 so a big saving too. I hope we have made a good choice.

They are now offering another Caribbean cruise :eek: 9th February 2015. Do you not think this is a bit cheeky of Fred to offer one and imply that it is the only chance of going to the Caribbean with them in 2015, then after filling it, start announcing others. My email says it is the last chance to go to the Caribbean in 2015, but I wait with baited breath to see if they are going to do one for my birthday on the 26th February :rolleyes: but I guess this won't happen as they have to be back in Dover for the Solar Eclipse cruise, which incidentally they sold in the same way - one ship released, then another,then another :rolleyes:

They are now offering another Caribbean cruise :eek: 9th February 2015. Do you not think this is a bit cheeky of Fred to offer one and imply that it is the only chance of going to the Caribbean with them in 2015, then after filling it, start announcing others.

One of the reasons they gave for cancelling these cruises originally was that they could not fill the ships.

Releasing them one at a time allows them to ensure each one is full, or close to it, before deciding if they will have any more.

Making sure each cruise is viable seems a sensible way to proceed, rather than say announce 6 cruises and have all 6 only partly sold so none of them are actually viable.

Each one could indeed be the last chance unless it fills up and they respond to the demand...

One of the reasons they gave for cancelling these cruises originally was that they could not fill the ships.

Releasing them one at a time allows them to ensure each one is full, or close to it, before deciding if they will have any more.

Making sure each cruise is viable seems a sensible way to proceed, rather than say announce 6 cruises and have all 6 only partly sold so none of them are actually viable.

Each one could indeed be the last chance unless it fills up and they respond to the demand...

Hi Mark, yes I see your point, but suppose you wanted to go on a specific date, ie birthday or anniversary, but thought that the first date is the only date available, so booked it and then find that other dates magically appear, you would be a bit miffed :)

We were on the Braemar in Feb 2011 and I would say she was full or nearly full,

We were on the Braemar in Feb 2011 and I would say she was full or nearly full,

By 2012 that had changed, the ships were not full and the prices had gone up.

With air fares still rising they were faced with having to increase prices further and most likely have the ships even less full, that is why they stopped.

I really do understand that it could be irritating to book one cruise only to have another pop up on dates you'd prefer, but if the alternative is no Caribbean cruises with Fred at all then this may still be preferable.

Perhaps if they do manage to sell out all the cruises at the right price they may have the confidence to return all of them to the regular brochure next year ...

I imagine there are still two more to be released, the crossing to the Caribbean and the return to Dover.

I would call it good marketing. Linda - these are businesses and selling the cruises this way does mean they should get more passengers rather than half a dozen poorly sold cruises. There are literally hundreds of Caribbean cruises to choose from so if you want a specific date then try another line. As I said earlier we did and are doing , if anything, a better itinerary on Adonia - a smaller ship than Braemar.

• 3 weeks later...
By 2012 that had changed, the ships were not full and the prices had gone up.

With air fares still rising they were faced with having to increase prices further and most likely have the ships even less full, that is why they stopped.

I really do understand that it could be irritating to book one cruise only to have another pop up on dates you'd prefer, but if the alternative is no Caribbean cruises with Fred at all then this may still be preferable.

Perhaps if they do manage to sell out all the cruises at the right price they may have the confidence to return all of them to the regular brochure next year ...

I imagine there are still two more to be released, the crossing to the Caribbean and the return to Dover.

Just booked 9th February from Manchester back to back sailing back into Dover 11th March. Have sailed Caribbean onthe Braemar before and really loved it so we are looking forward to 2015. Carolyn and Bob:)

Archived