Braemar Fly Cruise to Caribbean is back!

ladylemondrop

Just a heads up to anyone who is a fan of the Braemar fly cruises to the Caribbean - they are back from January 2015 :)

I saw that there is one cruise available, but no confirmation of others?

I imagine they are testing the water to see if they can fill the ship one cruise at a time.

I hope he listened to all of us :)

We were on one of the last ones before they stopped.

There was a meeting held on-board to get feedback which was pretty solidly in favor of more Caribbean and that although the Canaries were an interesting addition, nobody considered them as a replacement.

We called and got the full price structure and it is just so expensive. A lovely idea and we would love to go but it is simply out of our range. Well done to Fred if they fill her up - we will wait to see if any last minute offers appear. Shame.

We called and got the full price structure and it is just so expensive.

They said they had to stop the cruises due to cost and an inability to fill the ships so they could not raise prices without getting fewer passengers.

This would appear to be a test to see if they can fill the ship to an acceptable level over a limited number of cruises at a price they feel is profitable.

I suspect we will only see this one cruise offered until it fills up to a certain point then they will add another etc.

There is a large gap in Braemar's schedule after late November 2014 so I suspect they are keeping their options open for now.

The letter I got stated that only gold members of Oceans Club can book, it isn't available to other passengers until 17/8. :o

Booking opened for Silver members yesterday and Blue members tomorrow according to the email I received.

Booking opened for Silver members yesterday and Blue members tomorrow according to the email I received.

Yes, but if cruisebabe11 is not a previous passenger then that may be why she was told the suites are sold out.......:confused:

Yes, but if cruisebabe11 is not a previous passenger then that may be why she was told the suites are sold out.......:confused:

I would hope she would have been told that bookings were not open yet if that was the case, but mostly I was trying to point out that your suggestion that it was only open to Gold members at the moment was not accurate as I would want Silver & Blue waiting until Monday when they could phone before then ...

You are right, never cruised with Fred Olsen before but we are open to any good cruise line which Fred Olsen appears to be. And you are also right with their offers to certain members which is fair enough. I did not know this according to the first post and thought I give it a go.

The cruise sounds wonderful and hopefully they will continue this itinerary. They would definitely gain us as customers.

Andrea :)

We booked on Wednesday evening, and we are Silver members.

I'm sure you'll have a great time.

We would have been tempted, but the itinerary is almost identical to our last Caribbean cruise and we already have a trip to China booked at the end of October '14 so it is a bit too close together really.

I do not think the itinerary is particularly unusual, apart from Santiago de Cuba. We called at the other islands on our P & O Caribbean cruise. But it is still good news for people who want the smaller ship experience. I suspect more departure dates will be announced, together with the two transatlantic crossings which will probably include some Caribbean island ports.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I do not think the itinerary is particularly unusual, apart from Santiago de Cuba.

We even had Santiago as well, so really the only difference for us at least is they have added St. Kitts, but dropped Jamaica.

Still a great itinerary though and I know many of the regulars have seen every island on the circuit many times now so not really a concern :)

As predicted another cruise looks to be opening up as this one has filled.

Actually a more sensible way of doing it rather than announcing 4 or 5 of these and having people spread out over all but not quite filling any of them ...

We even had Santiago as well, so really the only difference for us at least is they have added St. Kitts, but dropped Jamaica.

Still a great itinerary though and I know many of the regulars have seen every island on the circuit many times now so not really a concern :)

As predicted another cruise looks to be opening up as this one has filled.

Actually a more sensible way of doing it rather than announcing 4 or 5 of these and having people spread out over all but not quite filling any of them ...

Yup, apart from Cuba we have done all ports on P&O Azura and Ventura so there seems little 'small ship' benefit here.

Announcing one date then releasing further dates could annoy people who would have prefferred a different date but they hadnt announced it when they booked.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Announcing one date then releasing further dates could annoy people who would have prefferred a different date but they hadnt announced it when they booked.

I can understand that, but if the alternative is no Caribbean cruises I think most would prefer this approach.

It is after all highly predictable that there will also be a positioning cruise there and one returning later so there are still at least two more to come once they determine how long the Caribbean 'season' is going to be.

Archived