FLL Airport Taxi to Port Questions

jbitzer

. This is my first time going to FLL./Oasis

I have read that taxis are very accessible at FLL to/from Port so I can go.

Will there be a choice of taxis Saturday morning? I have a 6 am flight from another city so we'll be there around 830 or 9 am.

There will be three people -2 adults one teen- one carryon each and one rolling suitcase each. (two 26 inches and one 32/34)

This should all fit in a normal sedan taxi. Am I correct?

Some taxis around here do not permit people in front seat- is that the case there?

I'm just trying to figure out if we need to get a transport.

Drop off/Pick up Questions

Do the taxis have a particular drop off spot or is it a taxi line?

Is the pick up spot clearly marked?

I've estimated $20 fare (inc. tip) for airport/port. Is that correct?

Thanks. I just like to have everything organized.

. This is my first time going to FLL./Oasis

I have read that taxis are very accessible at FLL to/from Port so I can go.

Will there be a choice of taxis Saturday morning? I have a 6 am flight from another city so we'll be there around 830 or 9 am.

There will be three people -2 adults one teen- one carryon each and one rolling suitcase each. (two 26 inches and one 32/34)

This should all fit in a normal sedan taxi. Am I correct? Yes

Some taxis around here do not permit people in front seat- is that the case there? You may sit in the front seat

I'm just trying to figure out if we need to get a transport. You don't. Taxis can take up to 5 jammed.

Drop off/Pick up Questions

Do the taxis have a particular drop off spot or is it a taxi line? The drop will be right at the front of the terminal. The pickup will also be very close.

Is the pick up spot clearly marked? Yes

I've estimated $20 fare (inc. tip) for airport/port. Is that correct? As mentioned here regularly, less than $15, before tip.

Thanks. I just like to have everything organized.

See above

You have nothing to worry about. Less than 10 mins. to the airport . Airport to the Oasis same. They are so organized at both locations. And believe me

those guys directing traffic are on the ball. Don't even call for a cab. We did one

year and it took an hour to get there to pick us up. Just find a cab which

they are there already parked out front for you. Have fun on the ship.

This is my first cruise with me and my husband and 2 teenagers. family of 4, Can you tell me the cheapest way to get from the MCO Florida Airport to the Cape Canaveral Port? We are on tight budget. Can we just hail a cab? I know the trip is approximately 45 minutes to the port.

:)

This is my first cruise with me and my husband and 2 teenagers. family of 4, Can you tell me the cheapest way to get from the MCO Florida Airport to the Cape Canaveral Port? We are on tight budget. Can we just hail a cab? I know the trip is approximately 45 minutes to the port.

:)

This thread is about Ft Lauderdale. You should look on the Florida Departures board for the many threads about Orlando and Port Canaveral. Shuttles and rental cars are the way to go there. A taxi will be very expensive. Ships' transport isn't a bad choice either.

Archived