Eating in Orlando with a peanut allergy...

xcell

Traveling to Orlando next week with two young kids with peanut allergies. I'm tired of eating pizza and McDonald's..

I hear some places cook with peanut oils (5 guys burger).

Any recommendations? Any places to totally avoid???

You should call your doctor's (pediatrician's?) office re: peanut oil. It is my understanding that when someone is allergic to peanuts, it is the protein contained in the nut that causes the allergy. When cooking with peanut oil, it is cooked at such a high temperature that the protein is cooked out.

I have DS with a peanut allergy. We had eaten at a Chick-fil-A before I knew that they cooked with peanut oil, and I could not understand why he did not have a reaction. Someone told me about the protein, and it was confirmed by my pediatrician. He can eat safely at Chick-fil-A and Five Guys.

Thanks for the info. Ill check about the peanut oil but if there's barrels of peanuts or higher risk of cross contamination, I'd rather not risk it.

I'm staying near downtown disney. Any idea if Mexican or middle Eastern food contains peanut products?

Thanks for the info. Ill check about the peanut oil but if there's barrels of peanuts or higher risk of cross contamination, I'd rather not risk it.

I'm staying near downtown disney. Any idea if Mexican or middle Eastern food contains peanut products?

We've steered clear of fried foods, but we haven't had reactions at those genre of foods. My family is ingestion sensitive, though--not touch sensitive. (We have friends who have reacted at Chik-fil-a that were touch sensitive.)

Archived