Birth Certificate question

DJCruiseguy

I am going on the Carnival Triumph with my parents next week and when my mom went to get their birth certificates my dad's was orginally hand written and her's is type. They both have the seal from the courthouse that is placed on them. Is this going to be ok for them to use? Its their first cruise.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

From what I have read on Carnivals web site the requirements are:

- original birth certificate (no copies)

- must be on the watermark paper

I would call carnival to verify this if I were you

Hope this helps

Over here we go to a post office for passports by appointment. I don't know where you need to go in NC. Go to the PP office or PO and ask them if its a good BC. If its good enough to get a PP it should be good enough to get on the ship. I would not trust the word of a person over the phone with out seeing the BC.

If it's got the raised stamp it sounds good but have it looked at by someone who knows. Good luck

I have my passport now, but the birth certificate I used a few times with Carnival before I got my pp is handwritten. It also has the raised seal.

I would suggest doing what a previous poster suggested-if it is good enough to use to obtain a passport, it should be ok with Carnival.

From what I have read on Carnivals web site the requirements are:

- original birth certificate (no copies)

- must be on the watermark paper

I would call carnival to verify this if I were you

Hope this helps

Where did you see that on the CCL website? This is what the FAQ says: "Original or suitable quality copy of a Birth Certificate (Issued by a government agency: state/county/city)" which is what the CCL website actually says about birth certificates.

The birth certificate only needs to be an offical government issued one, not a hospital one. How it is filled out has no bearing on it's validity.

Yep, they all used to be handwritten;). OP, it wasn't long ago that someone else had the same issue- an old birth certificate that was handwritten. They reported no issues with boarding or at Customs. As long as it is issued by a government agency it's acceptable (unless of course it's issued by Puerto Rico before 2010).

Archived