Seeking info from recent Breakaway Cruisers

Rocket J

.....is there anyway to find out what the weather conditions were at the time of docking? Wonder if that would lend any insight as to why the captain pulls in one way or the other.

:confused:

wasiii

Not sure. It seemed to me that many of the early stockings were to Starboard, but lately have been more Port. I think the dock was still under refurbishment early in the season so I'm not sure if Starboard arrivals were preferred at the time for that reason. I also wonder with the Haven Sundeck and Vibe on the Starboard side, whether they choose to dock Port side as often as they can so the "Premium" passengers get a better view. (Pure speculation on my part)

Not sure. It seemed to me that many of the early stockings were to Starboard, but lately have been more Port. I think the dock was still under refurbishment early in the season so I'm not sure if Starboard arrivals were preferred at the time for that reason. I also wonder with the Haven Sundeck and Vibe on the Starboard side, whether they choose to dock Port side as often as they can so the "Premium" passengers get a better view. (Pure speculation on my part)

perhaps also because the spa/thermal suite looks out on the starboard side.

Hi,

Feel free to drop in on the roll call anytime, we understand that some may not want to 'meet' but the roll calls can provide some great information. No need to be shy...you are behind a key board so you are just fine.

Now if you and your group attend the martini tastings and margarita tastings...i will be there so be sure to stop and say hello. I will be the crazy one in the group so i should be fairly easy to spot!:p

Thanks Tiffany - we will definitely try to stop by. And the tastings sound great.

Eric

Which is the 'better view' can be a matter of opinion. I personally would prefer to get the land view to watch 'the action' on the dock and the port, rather than the seaview, with just an occasional boat sailing by...

We were docked port-side on the July 28th cruise. I was in a balcony on the starboard side and had a nice water view. Plus, starboard is great for the NYC sail-out and sail-in. On the sail-out, you get a nice view of Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty, and on the sail-in, you pass Manhattan and the old WTC site. Of course, you still get that, just reversed, on the port side, but it's nice to get the Statue cruise during a time when you'll definitely be awake. I only just happened to wake up right when we were sailing into NYC at 6 am, otherwise I would have missed the Manhattan view.

i've been tracking the bermuda dockings since the july 3rd arrival at bermuda. Of the dockings on that time, 5 have been to port side, and 2 to starboard.

Landing dates in bermuda:

7/3 - s

7/10 - p

7/17 - p

7/24 - p

7/31 - p

8/7 - s

8/14 - p

8/21 - s

We docked Port side on August 11th sailing. We asked this question in our meet and mingle. The rationale is based on what safety procedures are being performed - they need to rotate which lifeboats are used for crew drills which are only done while in Bermuda as they cannot do them in NY harbor. So you will not know which side until you get there.

Hi all. I am sailing on the 8Sep BA cruise and am hoping to get advise on several questions/concerns from those of you who have recently returned from your sailing.

There are 6 of us. Two cabins are spa balcony on starboard side. Can you tell me please if the BA docked portside or starboard side at Kings Wharf on your sailing? I hope portside so we will have a view over the harbor.

The third cabin in our party is a Haven suite. Can those in a Haven suite invite non-Haven occupants to enjoy the Haven facilities? (Thank Havens I got that out in one breath!)

As a somewhat inexperienced cruiser, (not since the mid-90s --- its a whole new world!), I've learned so much from all of your reviews about the BA. I am on the fence about getting a VIBE pass for the week. I don't plan to use the pools or lounge around in the pool areas. Based on your experiences with the BA summertime cruises, would you think the 8Sep sailing (kids back in school) would be less crowded, and offer plenty of vacant areas to lay out? Aside from the fact it is a more private, adults-only area which has two hottubs, free fruit (?) - are there other benefits which aren't found elsewhere?

Did any of you rent motor scooters on Bermuda? We are thinking of doing that so we can explore on our own terms. I had looked at Smatts and Oleander for rentals; I hadn't checked on the other vendors. Do any of you have recommendations of whom to use (or stay away from)? I see some of them have locations at the docks - did any of you rent there and find no problems -- or was it crowded with long lines waiting for your scooter? (I assume it just might be best to simply leave the ship after the first crowd leaves and all will be smooth sailing!).

Being at work now, my company prohibits access to some sites so I can't search. Can you recommend which cruise cams to look at which feature anything Breakaway and Bermuda?

Thats about it for this go around. Thanks in advance to all of you who may offer answers and advice. I've not participated in the 8Sep roll call board because I think my group is going to be doing its own thing (and perhaps I'm just a bit shy :o). But having seen some faces on the board I look forward to saying hi to many of you on the cruise -- like Tiffygirl, SJNYC323 - and I might recognize pyrrhus walking down the hall.:D

Say hi to me by all means cabin 16716

Suzanne

We docked Port side on August 11th sailing. We asked this question in our meet and mingle. The rationale is based on what safety procedures are being performed - they need to rotate which lifeboats are used for crew drills which are only done while in Bermuda as they cannot do them in NY harbor. So you will not know which side until you get there.

Thank you gschwartz001. The closer the sailing date is the less a "big deal" it is to me (to overlook harbor - or not). After watching the Bermuda port cam and seeing the ship at dock, it will be nice either way. I see she is starboard-side this week. I meant to wake up earlier to see her come into port -- but I did see the Summit spin around so they are bow to bow.

Archived