Question about Puerto Vallarta

mjwcruising

I have been researching Puerto Vallarta an have read about going to Old Town and also about going to Malecon.

I am wondering if Malecon is in the Old Town area or within walking distance of each other.

I understand we would have to take a taxi or bus to either place but can't figure out where they are in relation to each other.

Thanks for any input,

Mary

Try google maps or wikimapia

We've always taken a taxi from the port to Hotel Rosita and ventured out from there. Usually only making it El Burro just over the bridge. After reading Hank and Ine (and others) for several years talking about the bus. last week we gave it a go. It's not about the money, the taxi is only about $8, but more about the mini adventure. These are city buses: rough, jerky, hot when not moving, but lots of folks coming and going.

Walk out the terminal and out to the main road and there is a covered bus stop. Wait about 2 seconds and a bus will come by that says "Centro". There were three of us, I gave the driver $2 USD and told him we wanted to go to the flea market (at the river). No problem, grab a seat quick, learned all this from CC. Few blocks from the flea market he gave me a wave and we were off the bus. We walked across the suspension bridge, east a few blocks to Aguacate, down a few blocks to Mariscos Cisneros for a great lunch, then down Basilo Badillo to the beach. Fantastic route! Never been to this part of town but it will be our regular route at least for the next few visits.

Walked by a small hotel roughly across the street from Joe Jacks. Looked to have a very "jungly" interior court yard. Any regulars if you know the name I'd appreciate it.

By the time we got back to Hotel Rosita we were pretty "damp" so grabbed a taxi w/AC. He charged the tourist price of $10 but that's still a bargain.

The Hotel Posada de Roger?

Budget hotel that gets great reviews by many on the \PV trip advisor forum, we like ocean front condos or hotels so have never stayed there but it looks pretty and very clean \\\\\\\\\;0

The Hotel Posada de Roger?

Budget hotel that gets great reviews by many on the \PV trip advisor forum, we like ocean front condos or hotels so have never stayed there but it looks pretty and very clean \\\\\\\\\;0

That's it.

We've had about 8 "day trips" to PV and really considering spending more time. I'm thinking this place is a little "too-budget" to spend a week, but we really liked that part of town (South of the river).

Thanks!!

That's it.

We've had about 8 "day trips" to PV and really considering spending more time. I'm thinking this place is a little "too-budget" to spend a week, but we really liked that part of town (South of the river).

Thanks!!

It would be too budget for us too. We have stayed at Playa Los Arcos right on Plas Atlas and LOVED it there until we discovered the joys of renting condos. You get double or triple the space for usually a whole lot less pesos.

We have stayed at Plaza Mar and Vista del Sol about a block up from PLA but still oceanfront.

That's it.

Thanks!!

Little "too-budget" might be right...which is why we normally spend 8 weeks in PV (every winter). We like "budget" and having a wonderful dinner with fresh grilled snapper, sides, huge margaritas, etc... for about $30 (total cost for 2) is my kind of budget. We cannot get that kind of dinner in PA at any price.

Hank