Privately Arranged Snorkeling Tours in Belize?

CaribbeanBound

try exotic eco adventures dot com

Just returned from a trip to Goffes caye, everything was beautiful and Kareem and Bernie were awesome guides, lots of free rum punch for non snorklers.

I do not recommend this company if you have never snorkeled before, they gave NO instructions to newbies and you had to jump off the boat into the water instead of having an option to go down a ladder. Also we felt that we were held captive for a long time on Goff Caye with only one place to purchase food. $12 for two scrawny lobster tails (about 2 inches each), canned corn and canned beans.

We had planned on going on a snorkel trip with Belize Express Tours but they had to cancel due to not enough people so recommended Exotic Eco instead.

Jackie

We did the Shark Ray Alley Snorkeling and Caye Caulker Exploration with Coral Breeze earlier this month. Our ship docked an hour earlier than planned and departed an hour earlier. Coral Breeze adjusted to our times. We had a great day of snorkeling. Had lunch on Caye Caulker. It was a complete lobster (grilled) for $12.00. I would recommend Coral Breeze Tours. We also went to Goff Caye several times with Island Marketing. We always enjoy it.

• 1 month later...
Just wondering if you have been on this excursion yet? Would love more info!

We went in Dec.Had an amazing day.They picked us up in belize city.Nice boat stocked with water soda and Tum punch.Went to shark ray and a couple other snorkli g spots then a beach bbq and drinks in Caye caulker.Had us back in plenty of time

• 4 weeks later...

We are going to Belize the first week of May on the Freedom, and I am trying to decide what company to book out snorkeling with and have been looking at Tsunami...was hesitant because on their website it looked like they only went out of caulker. Can you tell me how much the excursion was for them to pick you up in belize city and how long was the excursion. There are only 2 of us but shark ray alley is a must again!!

Do you know what other spots you went for snorkeling (?coral gardens,?holchan etc)

Thanks,

J

We went in Dec.Had an amazing day.They picked us up in belize city.Nice boat stocked with water soda and Tum punch.Went to shark ray and a couple other snorkli g spots then a beach bbq and drinks in Caye caulker.Had us back in plenty of time

• 2 weeks later...
We just returned from a cruise and had the best snorkeling trip of our life!

Excursion: Belize Shark Ray Alley and Hol Chan Marine Park Snorkel Excursion by Air booked thru http://www.ShoreExcursioneer.com

Wasn't much impressed with Belize and don't really care if we ever go back, but I would for this snorkel trip. We saw tons of sharks and they surprised me how big they were. Got to pet one and again was surprised by the sandpaper feel of it. Saw at least 3 different types of sting rays and some turtles too. The reef itself was just amazing and saw fish I had never seen before. The guides would point them out and then tell us what they were. Even saw a big, green eel! He was a bit scary looking :eek:

Even the flight over was an experience. Who needs TSA? :eek: Walk up to the ticket counter at the airport after a short taxi ride and they asked for our first names, handed us a laminated boarding pass and we walked on to the plane. Guide met us in San Pedro and walked us to the snorkel boat. Easy.

They had plenty of water and watermelon on board for everyone. Wish we had the option of a little more food and drink as we were starving after the two different stops, but it was all good.

I would do this again in a heartbeat.

Did you reserve your flights in advance or just went when you got off the ship? Im worried about booking flights and missing them due to tender issues! Was it hard to find a cab to take you to the airport? Or back to the boat?

• 4 months later...
Did you reserve your flights in advance or just went when you got off the ship? Im worried about booking flights and missing them due to tender issues! Was it hard to find a cab to take you to the airport? Or back to the boat?

Sorry so late in responding. Just researching this again as we are doing it again in February!

They had the flights booked for us, so it wasn't an issue. Just gave them our names at the airport and they put us on a flight. About 12 in the plane.