Thoughts about Pride cruise 8/11/13

beacha

We did leave all our stuff sitting in the chairs while we walked over to eat and to swim. We never bring anything important except for SandS cards. No one would want my old flip flops or beach bag anyway. There were plenty of places to sit in loungers. Now, we were the only ship, so I don't know what it would be like if another ship was there.

The music was loud in the pirate bar and right in front, but the beach is so long and you can move down and sit somewhere else.

The food was available from about 11-3. They did not run out of anything. There were plenty of shady picnic areas.

We did leave all our stuff sitting in the chairs while we walked over to eat and to swim. We never bring anything important except for SandS cards. No one would want my old flip flops or beach bag anyway. There were plenty of places to sit in loungers. Now, we were the only ship, so I don't know what it would be like if another ship was there.

The music was loud in the pirate bar and right in front, but the beach is so long and you can move down and sit somewhere else.

The food was available from about 11-3. They did not run out of anything. There were plenty of shady picnic areas.

Thanks.. and just being neurotic here, but we can leave passports in room safe for cruise, we don't have to bring them on islands, just need S & S cards? :p

Our passports are the first things we put in the room safe. We don't take them out until we disembark. When you leave the ship to visit an island, you will need your SandS card and picture govt. issued picture ID. I think if we were going to someplace remote, and taking a private tour, I would bring a photocopy of our passports in a plastic bad just in case.

Our passports are the first things we put in the room safe. We don't take them out until we disembark. When you leave the ship to visit an island, you will need your SandS card and picture govt. issued picture ID. I think if we were going to someplace remote, and taking a private tour, I would bring a photocopy of our passports in a plastic bad just in case.

Perfect.. thanks. Also, is it true they say don't use a Credit Card to lock safe, if so, what did you guys use? :)

Hi! I asked in the other thread about the repo cruises if you guys ever made it to Bermuda.

Nope, sorry, we never made it there. The reason we booked Bermuda when we did wsa because our cruise buddy couple from the Maniacs were taking that one and thought we could join them. They were disappointed in the cruise, though.

We ended up using the trip insurance money to book the Valor. We had a good time on that cruise so everything worked out. Our buddies were with the Maniacs on the Breeze in March, so all's well that ends well.

I'm pretty sure I used my room card to lock the safe last time.

I always take an old card that has a magnetic strip from the grocery store, gift card, etc. Think about it, if someone can open your cabin door with a pass card to come in to clean your room or whatever, can't that same pass card be used to open the safe? I am not sure, but I don't want to take any chances.

The security people can det into your safe. One time, I could not open with my safe with the card I used to lock it. Security came right away and opened the safe. Sometimes you just have to let it go. I have left several hundreds of dollars in my safe on every cruise. I have never had anything stolen. Perhaps I have been lucky, but I just don't worry about it anymore.

The security people can det into your safe. One time, I could not open with my safe with the card I used to lock it. Security came right away and opened the safe. Sometimes you just have to let it go. I have left several hundreds of dollars in my safe on every cruise. I have never had anything stolen. Perhaps I have been lucky, but I just don't worry about it anymore.

That "security person" with access is the master-at-arms of the vessel...also known as the person in charge of security. They can open your safe in the event of battery failure or user error, but they also make you account for everything in your safe and check the contents once it is opened. At least that's what happened to us on the Pride, when our safe battery died right before our wedding and we were trying to get jewelry out of the safe.

Archived