Cooler Question

trishb13

I will be leaving on the Fascination on Saturday and I was wondering if I can take a soft pack cooler in my luggage? The last time I went on a cruise I thought I saw all kinds of coolers boarding ship. Also, if we take 12pk. 20oz. soft drinks can we take 12pk of water as well? My husband and I will be traveling alone.

3 days and counting!

Trish

Yea coolers are allowed!

small, personal-sized coolers, no larger than 12”H x 12”L x 12”W for the purpose of housing small quantities of non-alcoholic beverages and/or medications are permitted as carry-on luggage. Screening and movement of large coolers through embarkation is an impediment to the boarding and security screening process. Therefore, large coolers are not permitted as carry-on or checked luggage.

On embarkation day, each guest may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages on board and only in their carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 bottles and/or cans, 20 ounces each or less.

In May I showed up to board the Fascination with a 12x12x12 soft sided cooler - the only question I constantly got asked - "is there ice in it?". I did not have ice and you would have thought it was a miracle.... it had almost a case of cokes/water (but NO ICE), they peeked inside, looked at my roll-on luggage that has 2 bottles of wine and another case or so of mixed sodas/water. I think they were so astonished I showed up without ice that they just let the rest go right on... just the 2 of us getting so a bit over on soda/water.

SO NO ICE and you should be fine.

Hi Trish- The last time my husband and I cruised on Carnival we were each allowed 12 20-oz cans or plastic bottles of water or non alcoholic drinks. I think the limits are still the same. When you board, the cans/bottles have to be in your carry-on or with you -(you can just carry them on under your arm if you want to). It is a little bit of a pain toting them around until the cabin is ready...You can keep replenishing your supply (in ports of call - you are each allowed to have up to 12 always). There is also lemonade and juice available throughout the cruise, so that may be an option for you too! You can absolutely bring a soft-sided cooler flat in your luggage and then use it as an "ice chest" in your cabin during the cruise. I hope you have a wonderful cruise!

Archived