Diamond Princess Embarkation Day Lunch

Bocagirl1

Hi just wondering if anyone has a menu for the MDR on Diamond Princess for Embarkation Day lunch or is it better to go to the buffet?

Depends on what you like to eat and how much time you wish to spend eating. We don't go to the MDR for lunch because we don't enjoy the sitting around. On the Diamond we would probably grab a burger or other item at the grill or maybe some pizza. On other ships we normally go to The International Cafe for a panini and some salad. The Diamond Princess is scheduled for dry dock this fall. They will probably add The International Cafe in the Deck 5 atrium.

We were on the Diamond last month and the embarkation lunch in the MDR was very very good. We've noticed its the same on each ship. Sorry, can't remember exactly everything, but, as Coral said, there is always salmon and beef tenderloin, as well as a hamburger and, I believe an entree salad.

Be forewarned...if you're going soon (same crew as we had), you'll have to find the open dining room yourself. We asked several of the staff and everyone vehemently denied that lunch was being served in a dining room (of course, we knew better!)..they even said "maybe on other ships, but not on this one". We did find the Traditional MDR (way down in the back) was open, but there was a crew member in the foyer who tried to get us to go up to the buffet, then pointed to the lunch menu posted and made a face (I guess to discourage us???)..we told him "yes..that's what we want!" and he proceeded to show us in to a table..completed a 6-top. There were a few other people in there, as well. We had a lovely lunch and the wait staff was wonderful!

We were on the Diamond last month and the embarkation lunch in the MDR was very very good. We've noticed its the same on each ship. Sorry, can't remember exactly everything, but, as Coral said, there is always salmon and beef tenderloin, as well as a hamburger and, I believe an entree salad.

Be forewarned...if you're going soon (same crew as we had), you'll have to find the open dining room yourself. We asked several of the staff and everyone vehemently denied that lunch was being served in a dining room (of course, we knew better!)..they even said "maybe on other ships, but not on this one". We did find the Traditional MDR (way down in the back) was open, but there was a crew member in the foyer who tried to get us to go up to the buffet, then pointed to the lunch menu posted and made a face (I guess to discourage us???)..we told him "yes..that's what we want!" and he proceeded to show us in to a table..completed a 6-top. There were a few other people in there, as well. We had a lovely lunch and the wait staff was wonderful!

There used to be a dessert souffle and I think ravioli as a pasta. It is an excellent menu.

Archived