Radiance class connected cabin on deck 7, above theater

Isac2

Hi,

Just got word that we have been assigned to cabin 7518 on our guaranteed ocean view cruise reservation. While I have spent many hours on researching the "goodness" of this specific cabin, I still have a few questions.

1) How well will sounds from the Aurora theater be heard? I realize that we will eat late, and probably miss the first show, and be enjoying the second... But what about rehearsals an other events?

2) Since the cabin is connected, how good is the noise isolation between cabins? Are they double doored?

I'm quite sensitive to noise, so it would be great to get some of your experiences! Moreover, this is our first RCL cruise (Celebrity addict otherwise).

Thank you.

To be more specific. I realize that it would be much more risk free to change cabins. But it would be interesting to hear from somebody that have stayed in this section. Through these experiences I will know how hard I need to push for a change.

I can't tell you about the noise from the theatre, but we were in a connecting cabin on Radiance (9026) this past January and it was wonderfully quiet. Our cabin neighbours (9028) were a family of 3 with a teenage son and we never heard a peep from them, even when we knew they were all in their cabin.

On the Radiance class ships there are double doors between you and the next cabin, and they are kept locked. If you were to open yours there would be another door that the cabin next door would have to open as well, so you don't hear a thing. From info I have read not all the other classes of RCI ships have the double doors, hence the occasional complaints of noise.

Archived