464 more days but who is counting ?;)

hbooden

Only 464 more days until I set sail with my husband for the first time!!!!

I am going on the gem for a 9 day cruise:)

No real question but how long until you set sail? Do you count down? Was your first cruise the best cruise? Or does it keep getting better???

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

No real question but how long until you set sail? Do you count down? Was your first cruise the best cruise? Or does it keep getting better???

Yeppers, always counting down.:) How long, 4months, 26days,19hrs and 54min.

Enjoy your trip

Just booked Sunday for over a year away. I am happiest when I have a cruise to look forward to.

First was on the Norway. But each and every cruise is special in it's own way. But I would have to choose my S American cruise with an excursion to Antarctica as my fave... So far.

61 / 243 and 456 days.

I do keep the countdown for the next cruise in mind. Sadly at least for me the excitement dropped with each cruise. The first cruise was great, so much to read before starting the trip about how everything works on a cruise ship. Lots of hours reading reviews and watching videos about the ship. Nowadays I more or less just book and then wait for the week before departing to print everything and start packing.

It is a bit different for me now as my next cruise will be on a different cruise line so it feels a little bit like the first time again.

101 days till Epic cruise!!!!! I think it gets better and better the more you learn about it....the first cruise, I hadnt found CC and didnt have a clue..it was kind of a last minute decision to go and I didnt know its best to research the ports before you go....we wandered around like...well tourists...lol...didnt have any idea what to do or where to go....we didnt even go to any of the shows because we had late dinning...the next one, I was on here every day all day doing research and planning....it was awesome!!!! I even set up the M&G for our roll call on our last cruise....we had over 100 people sign up for it..sooooo, the first one gets you hooked, and every one there after sets the hook a little deeper...;)

81 days!! This is our third cruise. First was Epic, second on the Gem, and we're so excited to be on the Epic again for our first Caribbean cruise with a bunch of friends! I always get excited planning the vacations. I feel like a kid counting down to Christmas! DH doesn't start to get excited until we're heading to the airport - very odd, I think!

Went on my first one Feb 2012. Booked another for November 2014. Realized. DAMN, no way I am waiting that long to go on another one. Thus booked a short 4 day for this November.

Only 71 days till the short one, BUT I'm RIGHT THERE WITH YOU, with 459 days till the 7 day SUITE cruise that I am really looking forward to.

66 days to go (63 if you count the days we will be in Boston) - down from 535 when we booked - woo hoo!! The three of us traveling together have countdown clocks on our desks at our offices :). We have had a great time over the last year and a half planning.

the agony of waiting so long to go is horrible. we started at 450 some days and now we are down to 19 days until we board :D. I counted down the months ( it is less than the days :eek: ) until we got about 6 months out. then I crossed off the holidays until we left. it helped me get through the yr before the cruise.

and coming on here and looking at the new posts about the things I needed to pack, the ship and itinerary helped. make sure you go to the roll-calls and see if there is one for your cruise. if not start one. others will jump in and help you get through it. do a lot of research about the ship, ports and any tours you want to take on line. I have tons of sites in my bookmarks for things to read and keep me busy. just take a big breath, try to relax and enjoy everything you find out here. before you know it you will be having your sail-away and coming home. then it's time to book another cruise ;). happy sailing on a wonderful cruise.

Archived