just returned from Mariner

We going on MOS 10/02(eastern) in cabin 8270 anything you can tell us about it? When are the different nights? What is the dress code each night? And what were people wearing? What excursions did you go on?

On formal nights people were dressed. The other 5 nights, women were in sun dresses or capris and a nice top. The men wore dockers and golf shirts and I did see some men with sport jackets. There was also the people who did not follow the dining room suggested attire so we also saw shorts, jeans, tank tops etc. RCCL did not inforce their rules about clothing. No one was asked to leave. I personally did not care. We sat at our own table for four. My kids were dressed properly, thatwas all that mattered to me. They did noticed that others were not always dressed and commented that they felt overdressed. I told them they were dressed correctly.

the only excursion we did was St John's Beach. we enjoyed it and felt that Trunk Bay was a beautiful beach. I would reccomend it.

I did a review last night. I just titled it Mariner 6/26-7/3. You might want to check it out.

Our's was on deck nine, just behind the entrance to the elevators from the hallway. NO NOISE what so ever from the hall. Balcony view was GREAT! You can see the entire lenght of the ship from your balcony.

We did have the window washing moving scaffold come by our cabin, but it "did it's thing" and rolled on.

Glad you had a great time on the Mariner! Do you miss Cap't Johnny's "Good Morning, Good Morning, Good Morning, Everyone?" I also like the CD James Andrews, one of the most approchable I've found.

Jacquelyn :D

I wa laying in bed this morning and could not believe it was over. Captain Johnny was great and I also enjoyed James. especially during The Quest. We were down there participating. i really enjoyed this cruise and thought the crew were outstanding.

Deb our paths must have crossed on this trip, we were the group with the blue lanyards we had made. I totally forgot about going to the pool at 3:00 the first day, we were all so busy all of a sudden we realized it was 4:00 and we missed everyone, then the cc party was at 1:00 in the afternoon and we couldnt get everyone together, but my sister and her husband also participated in the quest, gary was the one with the size 11 hush puppies! I loved James, he was great, certainly made my cruise fun. I am so sorry he wont be there when I go back in October, he starts his vacation the week before. We went to the platinum party late because our dinner wasnt over, when we got there our whole party wasnt there yet, James and the captain got on our walkie talkies and were talking to our group, it was hysterical, I got most of it on video tape, they were so funny, really made for a great cruise.

crusinisforme

My husband was the one at quest in the size 5 womens shoes! I am sure our paths crossed. my son was emailing with Lindsey of your group, but they never met. Could not seem to find each other on the ship.

My daughter and I wore sundresses in Chops and Portofinos and the guys wore dockers and golf shirts. Here again we saw all types of dressing. Some girls came in with jean skirts ands I had read no jeans, but the let them dine anyway. Some men also had on sports jackets. Didr not see any men in ties the nights i was there.

People wore all kinds of outfits everywhere. I did not see anyone turned away for dressing incorrectly. Most men had on pants and golf shirts or dress shirts on the non formal nights and women wore sundresses or pants, capris and a nice top. Shorts were not suppose to be in the dining room.

Thanks - I would appreciate the information

Debsavas, that is the exact area that our cabin is in for our Mariner trip in October. Did you like the location, was it convenient to everything and was the balcony view good or was there any obstructions? It isn't our cabin but we are a few down on the same side. Also, since you did Eastern (and so are we) how were the views from that side?

doverite, I'll let you know more about your cabin when we get back in October because we booked the cabin right next to yours (or two down from yours...I can't remember exactly right now but it is within two cabins from the one you listed)

Deb, I loved the cruise director too, wasnt he just great, really made a difference to our cruise, he seemed to be everywhere we went, and he loved my lanyard, I had to give him one, but RCCL will probably be selling them soon now. James and the captain were just the best, cant wait to go back now in October.

I also have to say the quest is much more fun when you are a participant so to all those future cruisers, dont be afraid, just jump right in.

If they would lower that fee to like $1.99 pp for johnny rockets I bet they would get more customers, but we did a take out and ordered for 5 people and the guy was really nice and only charged us for 2, we had 2 coupons, so that was kind of a help, but after that we never went again, too much food all over the ship to have to pay for it.

I also agree with deb about the dress code, its a little of everything, personally I dress for most dinners but also like crop pants, it is our vacation after all.

We booked the Freedom of the seas for next June. Its nice to have something to lok forward to.

I do not know if i answered this already, but i did love the location of my room. It was easy to get everywhere. If we went down the steps, we were at the enterance to thee promanade, down more steps we were at our dining room. When we went up it was the pool and Windjammer. The elevator were slow, so we used the stairs for everything. It was good exercise. We never heard noise from the elevators and our view was great. i will always try to get those rooms from now on. I have never tried an aft, but the hump is good enough for me since i do get sea sick and like to stay in the middle.

Archived