What's near Harbor House, Galveston?

ronrythm

I'm looking for places to eat and attractions, preferrably within walking distance of the Harbor House at Pier 21 in Galveston, Texas. I will be spending 2 nights pre-cruise and would like some suggestions.

Thanks

Ron

There are several restaurants very close to the hotel. We really like Willie G's, which is right on the pier. Also right there are Fisherman's Wharf, Joe's Crab Shack, and Landry's Oyster Bar. All four of these are owned by the Landry's chain. There is a Fuddrucker's over by the Strand, and some smaller (non-chain) restaurants that are good.

Right by the Harbor House, there is a Great Storm exhibit that is interesting. The tall ship Elissa is between the hotel and the cruise terminal.

You would need to drive to get there, but it would probably be worth it to take a trip to Moody Gardens.

I don't know when in December you are cruising, but if you're there during Dickens on the Strand, there will be plenty to do.

Some that haven't been mentioned: Luigi's 24th and Strand, The Salt Water Grill 21st and Post Office, Rudy and Paco's (South American) 21st & Post Office.

Or, if you have a car, Gaido's 39th and Seawall. You'll enjoy the Elissa, 1877 three mast barque, I've sailed on her three times.

http://www.tsm-elissa.org/

Archived