Rome In Limo - Continuation of Previous Thread, Community Guidelines Apply

palermo22

4 hours ago, SharonK said:

I’m hoping I can get some clarification about booking with RomeInLimo.  I used them 12 years ago after connecting with other on our roll  call.  I was not the one who made the initial contact with Jany and arranged the tour and don’t remember how it all worked. Next year we are going on a cruise (Equinox Oct 3) with stops in La Spezia and Naples and cruise ending in Rome.  We want to use Rome in Limo in these locations.  If I arrange the tour and post it on the roll call to get other to join I believe RIL calls this a shared excursion.  But I don’t want it posted on their website.  If I keep it as a private excursion RIL only takes my credit card.(does that make me responsible if someone from cruise critic who committed to going is a no show?). I would appreciate any insight I can get.  I know RIL is a great company to deal with.  I started a roll call for our cruise but no one has joined it yet.

Sharon the way I have arranged tours with RIL or other tour companies on our roll call is I book it about six -9 months out.  I book it as a private excursion and I pick the size of the group.  I don’t like to post it on the roll call too early as too much can change before next Oct. People cancel and forget they committed to your group. I have booked tours with RIL in all these ports. All very successful. 

1. I post my tour and price and group size.    I use a gmail for contact on the roll call and I ask anyone that is interested to write me privately off the boards.  ( I do not use our own private email).     I do not like to go back and forth with everyone on the roll call itself. It’s not fair for other members to have to take up all the space organizing your tour. 
2. I ask for commitment once they have expressed definite interest and I want to know their names and stateroom number and contact email and phone. 
3. I do not ask everyone for their ideas on what they want to see.  I research it ahead of time and get input from the tour company. Then I post my excursion. 
4. Touch base after final payment with everyone. 
5. Arrange a brief face to face meeting with everyone in your group onboard so you know who you are looking for. 
6. Get off as a group.  That way you are not waiting for stragglers. Set a meeting place and time. 
Make sure everyone knows they need Euros for excursion and tip).  

We have never had a problem with a NO SHOW as I keep our arrangements tight and communicate  with participants. There is always the risk someone will cancel and that’s the risk you take but have found it easy to replace them by posting an opening on your tour.  Folks are always looking for a private tour.  We have the highest regards for RIL. They are great to work with.  
Hope this helps. 
Mary. 

Edited by mauimary
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mauimary said:

Sharon the way I have arranged tours with RIL or other tour companies on our roll call is I book it about six -9 months out.  I book it as a private excursion and I pick the size of the group.  I don’t like to post it on the roll call too early as too much can change before next Oct. People cancel and forget they committed to your group. I have booked tours with RIL in all these ports. All very successful. 

1. I post my tour and price and group size.    I use a gmail for contact on the roll call and I ask anyone that is interested to write me privately off the boards.  ( I do not use our own private email).     I do not like to go back and forth with everyone on the roll call itself. It’s not fair for other members to have to take up all the space organizing your tour. 
2. I ask for commitment once they have expressed definite interest and I want to know their names and stateroom number and contact email and phone. 
3. I do not ask everyone for their ideas on what they want to see.  I research it ahead of time and get input from the tour company. Then I post my excursion. 
4. Touch base after final payment with everyone. 
5. Arrange a brief face to face meeting with everyone in your group onboard so you know who you are looking for. 
6. Get off as a group.  That way you are not waiting for stragglers. Set a meeting place and time. 
Make sure everyone knows they need Euros for excursion and tip).  

We have never had a problem with a NO SHOW as I keep our arrangements tight and communicate  with participants. There is always the risk someone will cancel and that’s the risk you take but have found it easy to replace them by posting an opening on your tour.  Folks are always looking for a private tour.  We have the highest regards for RIL. They are great to work with.  
Hope this helps. 
Mary. 

Mary,

thanks so much for your response which is the information I needed.  I also have no doubts about Rome in Limo.  So at the end of a tour does everyone pay their portion in euros or would I have to collect the money from each person and then pay  RIL?

I so appreciate you taking the time to respond!

Sharon

1 hour ago, SharonK said:

Mary,

thanks so much for your response which is the information I needed.  I also have no doubts about Rome in Limo.  So at the end of a tour does everyone pay their portion in euros or would I have to collect the money from each person and then pay  RIL?

I so appreciate you taking the time to respond!

Sharon

Sharon..  We have kept our groups small (6-8)so everyone gave the guide their own share.  Do whatever you feel comfortable with.  

RIL has also arranged for guides for Pompeii and the Vatican for us. We paid the guides separately but I would ask Janny if they now pay them for you or should you pay them directly. 
Enjoy your cruise. 

9 hours ago, mauimary said:

Sharon..  We have kept our groups small (6-8)so everyone gave the guide their own share.  Do whatever you feel comfortable with.  

RIL has also arranged for guides for Pompeii and the Vatican for us. We paid the guides separately but I would ask Janny if they now pay them for you or should you pay them directly. 
Enjoy your cruise. 

Thanks Mary!

• 1 month later...

Did the Ravello, Amalfi, Positano tour this September with Alex and this was definitely a highlight of our trip!

Alex is so knowledgeable of the area and really made this trip - he kept us ahead of the crowds, had great information during our rides between the towns and took us to a fantastic restaurant with incredible views!

I HIGHLY recommend this tour and if request Alex you will have a fantastic day!!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

We had another great adventure!! I have used Romeinlimo three times and they are top notch. I’m also going back to Italy next June and have tours booked with them already. We had Lucca in Sicily and he was so young and energetic and full of knowledge of his region. He was so fun he also recommended a delicious restaurant off the beaten path in Taormina , which was probably one of our best meals in Italy. Also, a wonderful tasty canolli at Roberto‘s in Taormina. We also went to Castelmola. Cute little town with fun shops and restaurants. In Rome we had Piero which I requested for the second time. So passionate about his country, and it was fun to see an old friend again. We went to Pagnanelli restaurant in Castel Gandolfo, which he had taken us before delicious!  What views and the wine cellar is a must. We have been to Rome before and wanted to explore some different sites so he took us to some hidden gems in the area and did not disappoint. We toured with him for two days, visiting the Capuchin monks and the catacombs. We were tired before him. He never would’ve stopped showing us around. Can’t wait to see him again next year. We also booked a airport transfer. The gentleman was very prompt and we got to our airport destination very quickly with all of our many bags. I would always recommend ROMEINLIMO. It’s a fantastic company. They truly care about your experience and also want to keep your business 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Jonesthecat said:

I’ve just found this thread. They sound a great company but I can’t get in contact with them. The contact page keeps saying there is an error on it. Does anyone have contact details for them other than their contact page on the website? 

info@romeinlimo.com

Jany is the contact person. She will always get back to you.

• Like 1

On 10/6/2016 at 1:01 PM, samavarcruiser said:

This make sense, that thread was really long.

I would LOVE to hear from those who have used this company lately.

Tell me more about your day in Rome out of Civitavechia, Amalfi coast out of Salerno and Florence out of Livorno, I am planing a cruise to Italy next year and need your help.

Do you recommend a private guide for the Vatican and Herculaneum?

This is not my first cruise but have never used a private tour company in the past, just getting little old for those trains :)

Thank you in advance for all your help and recommendations.

Used them in September and they were fantastic.  Used the transport to the port from Rome, used them in Messina and also on the Amalfi Coast - Alex on the Amalfi Coast was fantastic!!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BaseballMomof4 said:

Used them in September and they were fantastic.  Used the transport to the port from Rome, used them in Messina and also on the Amalfi Coast - Alex on the Amalfi Coast was fantastic!!  

Did you doPompeii with the Amalfi coast?  I’m looking at the Pompeii, Sorrento, and Positano excursion.

• 2 months later...

Will be cruising Barcelona to Rome in October.  I’ve already booked two tours with RomeInLimo - one to Pompeii, Sorrento, and Positano, the other Lucca and the Tuscan Riviera.  My question is about Rome. We have considered the Civitavecchia  transfer to Rome but everything in the first half of that tour we feel we can do on our own the next day (Trevi fountain, Spanish Steps, etc.).  So we are considering doing a guided tour of the Coloseum in the morning (after the transfer from the port), lunch and then the guided tour of the Vatican, Sistine Chapel, etc. .  Has anyone done a tour like this with RomeInLimo?  They can arrange it for us as two walking tours or with a driver.  I would love some feedback from anyone who has more experience in Rome than I do. Thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...

I have booked 3 tours with RIL and found people through our rollcall to join us.  We usually pay in cash but one person wants to use Zelle which RIL's website says they accept.  My question is:  Does anyone have experience with some folks paying cash and others Zelle? I have no experience with Zelle but will also consider using it.  I will ask RIL but wanted to hear from folks who have done this.