Do "new booking" but already have a booking?

lopat08865

Online TA closed but their online booking is available. Would love to make a new booking as it's a price drop plus additional perks. Sale was supposed to have ended Friday 6pm but has been extended until Monday 11:59pm. Not allowed to name the TA but I would think most here know who it is.

It says "New Bookings Only." If they were open I would think I could cancel and rebook on the phone?

Do you think I would be able to make a new booking online [same or higher category]?

Or do you think the system would recognize the names are already booked and therefore prevent me making a new booking?

If the online system did allow the new booking, do you think it would automatically cancel my old booking?

I wouldn't want to risk losing current booking until I knew new booking would have all the perks the sale has, and I can't get confirmation on the perks until phoning them Tuesday, by which time the Labor Day Sale offer is already expired.

Appreciate your thoughts/experiences. Thanks!

When we wanted to upgrade but were unable to get hold of our PCS for a few days, I just did a new booking online as a courtesy hold. The system did not care that we already had a reservation for the same cruise so I am certain that the sytem will not stop you doing what you want. Our PCS just sorted it all out once he was back in the office.

Sue

Following up, seems as if the online [uSA] TA, while cancelling the old booking and honoring the new booking, warned me that any future changes would result in a $100 per person change fee.

Is this routine?

Our new booking was an upgrade from 2A to C2. Did that trigger the warning about charges for any future changes? And what happens if there is a price drop on the C2 before the final payment date? I always thought those price drops would simply be honored?

if it is the TA I think you used, they have implemented a $100pp cancellation fee because of all the switching we are all doing because of X promos. They make their money by volume bookings and as you know are really just booking agents not full service TA's. They give us great perks and in return expect to do minimal work. They have a point but truthfully, I'm not using them again. I can get almost the same perks from another online TA that doesn't charges for changes or cancellations.

I suspect it was because you actually canceled and re-booked (new booking number). I would have thought they would have charged you the $100 fee this time.

From reading their claims on their web site they say they will do price drops. I would not expect to pay a fee for that.

They were probably warning you that they wouldn't do another rebook without charging the fee. Price drops probably would be honored unless it was "new bookings only".

Your TA is the one imposing the fee for future changes. Find a better TA who doesn't charge a fee. :-)

I'm not complaining, just trying to understand :)

I'll be disappointed if I can't get a future price drop, but, as it stands, I was only warned about a charge for another change, and I wasn't charged for this change which price-dropped me while upgrading from a 2A to a C2, with the addition of an upgrade from classic to premium beverage package. I retained my free gratuities and so, right now, like I said, I'm not complaining :).

Archived