Prepaying Onboard Serv Chg

NW Pacific

The smell (heard the people behind me say something as well so I know it wasnt just me), the 1990s carpet, and the old decor.

What kind of smell? Sometimes the behavior of some passengers can cause some pretty rank smells. The crew members do their best to deal with these situations.

Didn't like the carpet and décor? Did you take the time to visit http://www.beyondships.com/NCLJewel-Tour.html and see what the Jewel is like?

Didn't like the food? Well food is subjective and everyone has their own tastes, but I have never heard of a person who starved on a cruise ship. Ask your waiter if what you prefer can be accommodated. Often they will be able to help you.

Did you make any complaints while cruising to someone in charge? NCL will do a great deal personally to see that a passengers problems are resolved.

Honestly I think you and your "friend" crusinfiend are bored and newbies to cruising. I do find your comments immature and lack creditability.

JMO!

What kind of smell? Sometimes the behavior of some passengers can cause some pretty rank smells. The crew members do their best to deal with these situations.

Didn't like the carpet and décor? Did you take the time to visit http://www.beyondships.com/NCLJewel-Tour.html and see what the Jewel is like?

Didn't like the food? Well food is subjective and everyone has their own tastes, but I have never heard of a person who starved on a cruise ship. Ask your waiter if what you prefer can be accommodated. Often they will be able to help you.

Did you make any complaints while cruising to someone in charge? NCL will do a great deal personally to see that a passengers problems are resolved.

Honestly I think you and your "friend" crusinfiend are bored and newbies to cruising. I do find your comments immature and lack creditability.

JMO!

Of couse the food is subjective to everyone, I asked casually to the people sitting near me at dinner and people agreed the food is pretty poor quality.

Sure I let them know about the balcony and food and its the same generic response, sorry about that.

I dont know crusinfiend so hes not a 'friend' Honestly I dont know why you are so in love with a poor quality cruise line. I havent seen anyone defend them as much as you. The only reason I compare them is because I HAVE been on different cruise lines and they are by far the worst I have tried. It blows my mind people waste their money on NCL.

Did you file a complaint?

Yeah, I still havent heard anything yet.

Why prepay to NCL? If you feel you must do this in order to budget that means to me that you have the funds in hand now, correct? if so, what I would do is send an extra payment to my credit card company in the amount of the service charge and then to avoid any issue on the ship just have them charge your sign and sail account and use the same credit card you prepaid on the ship.

this way you are paid in full before you enter the ship....you don't have to worry about any issue with double charging and as an extra bonus you are earning credit card points.

and yes, I know some people don't use credit cards but the reality is that the majority of people do.

btw, if you are set up with your bank for online bill payment it is simple to go online and just authorize a payment to your credit card.

I pay my credit cards weekly as I never use cash if possible because I like the protection a credit card give me as well as the many many many cash points I earn caring and feeding and supporting my family! We are going to Disney with my current points and I never pay interest. Heck...I would charge coffee at DD to earn points!!!

just check it out on the cabin TV no need to print it out

On those ships that have the interactive TV system (Gem, Epic and -aways) it doesn't show the DSCs correctly if there is non-refundable OBC on the account, only the printout will show things right and this has caused a lot of confusion amongst people not knowing that.

We paid the service charges prior to our last (first) cruise and there were no problems when we checked out. I will definitely make sure I have a printed out copy of the proof for our next cruise however. We are a group of 6 this time around and that is a big expense if they made a mistake and charged us again. :eek:

That final bill is scary enough lol.

a friend of mine, who worked on NCL said you can ask for a refund for the service charge...She worked there a few years back... She said non of the staff get those tips.. She said ask that I could get a refund of the 12 dollars and just tip out who ever i want separate ...

Is this true??

Archived