Celebrity price rises for 2014

welshfamily

Speaking as a long term cruiser (we started cruising in the 70s) we have seen this price increase strategy a few other years. And its not just Celebrity as we see the trend on other lines (especially Holland America). It seems that from time to time the cruise industry attempts to push through major across the board increases. However, in the past this has not always been very successful. If early bookings do not do well, the cruise lines will implement new strategies such as huge amenities packages (i.e. 1-2-3) and if that is not effective then they will drop prices. Personally, when we have these kind of years we simply do most of our booking at the last minute. The impact on us is pretty drastic as we cruised 101 days in 2012 and will cruise 77 days in 2013. But we currently have not booked a single cruise for 2014. If the prices do stay so high we will simply go off to Europe and do a multi-month driving vacation (love those long driving trips in Western Europe).

Hank

We booked our cruise onboard our last, and the prices have gone up over $1,000 pp. We usually just cruise once a year or every other year as it can get a little mundane, in my opinion, if we do it too much. Also, we like to combine it with a land stay. I still work part time and take care of my dad who lives in Florida so flying back and forth every few months is costly, and makes me tired of flying. I don't know how some of you cruise so often, but I love the phrase "each to his/her own!":) 2015 will definitely be a land trip unless there is a really, really special deal booking onboard.

Archived