Don't go to the port before 12:30

sarajean

Just got an Phone call about our upcoming cruise on Oasis. They said due to cut backs with customs "do not come to the port earlier than 12:30".

Has anyone encountered this problem recently? Waiting to board?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Most of your replies will say IGNORE it. Most times boarding starts at around 11:30 and the checkin process is pretty efficient. Bring a book or something just in case, there are rare times when boarding is delayed, but they have been giving this message for months now every week.

I must be different than anyone else. I like to arrive on the ship about 1pm so I can go direct to my room and drop all my carry ons!:)

I was actually thinking about doing this for this cruise. I usually always get there really early but it might be nice just to go straight to the room. Plus the lines to check in might be shorter.

Sometimes it can be somewhat important to get on the ship early if you're trying to get particular show reservations, restaurant reservations (perhaps for a large group), or shore excursions with limited availability (like a cabana at Coco Cay or Labadee).

I must be different than anyone else. I like to arrive on the ship about 1pm so I can go direct to my room and drop all my carry ons!:)

I can certainly understand that, especially from a Floridian. We usually cruise in late April and haven't seen the son in months, so we are usually the first people by the pool.

Sometimes it can be somewhat important to get on the ship early if you're trying to get................ (like a cabana at Coco Cay or Labadee).

I'm glad you mentioned that, something I will probably want to do in '15.

Archived