Photography Live Review of the Allure of the Seas? - Sailing 8th September 2013.

If you do go to Cozumel, go and visit La Choza for lunch. It's a bistro style restaurant not far from the main shopping area. Asking for directions is a bit of hit and miss, so please do print a map of where the place is.

La Choza sounds wonderful, is it walking distance from the ship or is it necessary to take a taxi??

Does the ship dock at Punta Langosta or International??

La Choza sounds wonderful, is it walking distance from the ship or is it necessary to take a taxi??

Does the ship dock at Punta Langosta or International??

La Choza is in Downtown Cozumel. The Allure and the Oasis dock in the International port, so you will need to take a taxi, which costs about $8. The place also comes recommended by the locals, so unless they have shares in the place, they can't be all wrong.

Novice,

Thank you so much for taking the time and sharing your vacation this week! I am sad that it is ending for you, but looking forward to our cruise in December! With your recommendations, I know we will have a fabulous time!

Thank you again!

I hope you will have an amazing time on the Allure. It is an amazing ship. :)

If you have any questions, please feel free to post a message on this thread. Also, you should be able to find my Cruise Diary on the popular social networking site if you require a quicker response.

Ladies & Gentlemen, Boys and Girls, people of CruiseCritic (Have I covered everyone?), welcome back to Fort Lauderdale. We docked at 5:30am (about 15 minutes late). Thank you for traveling with me. I will upload some more images when I get back into London. I hope you all have a safe trip home, and welcome home.

I loved it. I am not a sun worshipper, and needed time away from the cruise ship. The only option was to go and chill in the cabana.

Mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the midday sun!!

Nice review.

My bidy body is my temple. It does not know of what you call the midday sun. ;-).

To be honest, I love the sunshine. My only complaint is the intensity and humidity. But going to the Caribbean is a treat worth getting burnt for.

Next year I will be on the Oasis as part of her Drydock process. Have not yet decided where to go yet, but may follow a similar configuration to this cruise with 3 days or so in Barcelona and either a ships excursions or private.

My bidy body is my temple. It does not know of what you call the midday sun. ;-). Just quoting Noel Coward's most famous song, lol. My parents were British and were always singing it.

To be honest, I love the sunshine. My only complaint is the intensity and humidity. But going to the Caribbean is a treat worth getting burnt for.

Next year I will be on the Oasis as part of her Drydock process. Have not yet decided where to go yet, but may follow a similar configuration to this cruise with 3 days or so in Barcelona and either a ships excursions or private.

I will be going on the Allure in November so really enjoyed your review. Great job!! I have already been on the Oasis. They say they are much similar. Thanks again!!

I will be going on the Allure in November so really enjoyed your review. Great job!! I have already been on the Oasis. They say they are much similar. Thanks again!!

No problem. :).

This is an open invite.... if anyone wants some info on the Allure of the Seas or excursion suggestions, let me know. I won't be able to answer every question, but if I do know, I will do my best to answer it.

If you have any questions, please feel free to post a message on this thread. Also, you should be able to find my Cruise Diary on the popular social networking site if you require a quicker response.

I tried looking in your profile for a link... and not sure how to find this... a link perhaps?

I'm back in the UK now. I've had an hour sleep.... and will hopefully get a good nights sleep tonight. I need another holiday. :D

Novice - it was good to meet you on this last trip. I am now home and finally getting over that Labadooze! We will be looking forward to your photos and possibly future sailings. :cool:

Novice - it was good to meet you on this last trip. I am now home and finally getting over that Labadooze! We will be looking forward to your photos and possibly future sailings. :cool:

Reg, it was a pleasure meeting you too. I'm glad you enjoyed the Labadooze. :).

I hope our paths cross again, as I enjoyed meeting you and your group.

Archived