Photography Live Review of the Allure of the Seas? - Sailing 8th September 2013.

Novice... I am loving your live review! Thank you so much!!

Thank you for following. Every time someone posts on this thread, it's a boost to my confidence, as it tells me that I am not wasting my time posting images as people are looking, and absorbing my photography journey on this cruise. :)

Here's a taster from the Behind the scenes tour I did today.

9732712001_4e5a45c41a.jpg

9732708481_92d81a69ea.jpg

I hope it doesn't make you hungry. :)

Today was a lazy day for me. It consisted of the Dreamworks Breakfast. I wasn't really impressed, as the dance routines were not aimed at the whole audience. If you are looking just for the experience of eating different to the norm (i.e. Windjammer, Park Cafe, etc.), this is a novelty. I can say I have done it once, and probably won't be in a hurry to do it again. Please don't get me wrong. It is great to see the characters, but nothing to write home about.

The behind the scenes tour. Yes, it is expensive, but something I would suggest doing once. You get to see what the staff do behind the scenes to make things happen for the cruiser, from Laundry to Food and even what happens on the Bridge and the Engineering room.

I went to see the Headliner Act today. The performer was Kenny Jones. It was the usual Motown performer act. If you like your Motown, this act is for you. However, Mo5aic, who performed on the cruise I was on last year, was the headliner act to beat. Don't get me wrong here, Kenny is a great performer, and he does deliver..... and I do appreciate the Motwon era, however I grew up in the 1980's, 1990's and the 2000+ era, so my taste in music is more current. (Word of warning, if you don't want to be picked on, don't sit on the first row, or on the Aisle Seats!)

As the cruise is coming to a close over the next couple of days, I will do my best to post some more images, but I will start to pack up my stuff on Saturday (in stages, to determine what goes where).

Thank you for following. Every time someone posts on this thread, it's a boost to my confidence, as it tells me that I am not wasting my time posting images as people are looking, and absorbing my photography journey on this cruise. :)

Following and enjoying your review here in Scotland before taking the Eastern cruise very soon!

I am really enjoying your review as well as your beautiful photo's. Thanks so much for taking the time out of your vacation to keep us all entertained. My husband and I are leaving out on the FOS on Oct 20th. Although you are not on FOS, this post is increasing our excitement for our cruise. Thank you!!:)

I am really enjoying your review as well as your beautiful photo's. Thanks so much for taking the time out of your vacation to keep us all entertained. My husband and I are leaving out on the FOS on Oct 20th. Although you are not on FOS, this post is increasing our excitement for our cruise. Thank you!!:)

Thank you for following and thank you for your kind comments. I hope you enjoy your FOS cruise in October. I am sure you won't be disappointed. :)

Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls, People of all ages, and Cruise Critic members (Have I covered everyone?)

Today is our last port of call before heading back to Fort Lauderdale. It's Cozumel! Wooooohooooo!!! (I'm not celebrating because the cruise is coming to an end, I am celebrating because I am looking forward to meeting Tati from Cozumel Photo Tours for a 3 hour photowalk near Downtown Cozumel. This is one of my other highlights of the cruise. Her website can be found at http://cozumelphototour.blogspot.com/.

(The other highlight of Cozumel is hopefully meeting up with the legend who goes by the name of Trainman).

I will try and post some images as soon as I can.

Here's a taster from the Behind the scenes tour I did today.

9732712001_4e5a45c41a.jpg

9732708481_92d81a69ea.jpg

I hope it doesn't make you hungry. :)

The behind the scenes tour. Yes, it is expensive, but something I would suggest doing once. You get to see what the staff do behind the scenes to make things happen for the cruiser, from Laundry to Food and even what happens on the Bridge and the Engineering room.

I loved the tour. I have done it 2 times on Oasis (once with DW and the other time with DM who had never cruised), and a similar one on Princess. IMHO well worth the money.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls, People of all ages, and Cruise Critic members (Have I covered everyone?)

Today is our last port of call before heading back to Fort Lauderdale. It's Cozumel! Wooooohooooo!!! (I'm not celebrating because the cruise is coming to an end, I am celebrating because I am looking forward to meeting Tati from Cozumel Photo Tours for a 3 hour photowalk near Downtown Cozumel. This is one of my other highlights of the cruise. Her website can be found at http://cozumelphototour.blogspot.com/.

(The other highlight of Cozumel is hopefully meeting up with the legend who goes by the name of Trainman).

I will try and post some images as soon as I can.

Enjoy the day in Cozumel. I look forward to seeing your pictures. I am enjoying your photo review.

Andrew

To all my American friends. I hope you will accept my sincere apology for not posting a message on the 11th of September to say that my thoughts are with all the family and friends on such a tragic day that happened on the 11th September 2001. My thoughts are with you on such a sad day.

I am back on the ship. Today's experience on Cozumel has reminded me of London (Well, more specifically Scotland!).... It rained pretty much all day today. It was a bit difficult in taking some shots, but I managed to get some. I will try and post something soon.

I also bought some souveniers from the port. I plan on giving one of them to my room attendant as a thank you for looking after me and the stateroom during the week. (Yes, I have prepaid, and depending on how much spare cash I have left, I hope to give an extra tip at the end of the week).

You're certainly not wasting your time as many people are following along and enjoying the crisp, well-considered photographs.

I usually live and write on the Princess Board but occasionally pop over to RCL and am glad I did.

I have a soft-spot for RCI as I used to work for them (RCCL) on the Song of Norway back in the mid-80s and it was an amazing time in my life, never to be forgotten. I was a British musician on board and stayed in America to marry one of the passengers I met. Still here 27 great years later.

Kudos.

Norris

in Chicago

How is Bonny Scotland these Days. It's been a few years since I had been there.

Wonderful summer here in bonnie Scotland - cant beat it on a nice day but weather more autumnal this week so looking forward to flying out to Miami 2 October:)

Following on from one of my previous post, here is some more images from the Behind the Scenes Tour.

Lobsters being prepared for Formal night.

9739249303_f93258e97c.jpg

The Broadcast control centre. I would tell you an interesting fact about the Broadcasts that go on, but I have been swarn to secrecy.

9741355214_410599904d.jpg

The Dressing Room for the performers of the various shows in the Amber Theatre.

9739125501_33504263b6.jpg

Have you wondered from where the ropes are attached to the pier?

9741319034_9278fcf0e1.jpg

And here's the view of the ship from the Helipad.

9738893985_c1a20112c4.jpg

Final port of call prior to returning to Fort Lauderdale - Cozumel.

At Cozumel, I booked the Photo Walk Tour (http://cozumelphototour.blogspot.com/)

The walk started from the Mayan Monument on the other side of the Shopping Centre. Taxi ride is $8.

9743143978_78315aa7d7.jpg

Here is our Tour Guide. She moved to Cozumel in 2006. From what I recall, she is German.

9743093668_43d3e13b21.jpg

The Walk taught composition around Architecture

9743116964_d65b2d0470.jpg

9740946643_807491087a.jpg

One of the things Tati will teach is how to deal with Low Light and White Balance. There is a museum near the Shopping Centre where this exhibit exists.

9740924023_24a0bb5619.jpg

9741948524_673a129693.jpg

Unfortunately, we were hit by rain, and we were not able to do too much photography as hoped. The above shot is a close up shot of a rain drop with a Polaroid Macro filter attached to a 70-200mm f/2.8 lens.

If you do go to Cozumel, go and visit La Choza for lunch. It's a bistro style restaurant not far from the main shopping area. Asking for directions is a bit of hit and miss, so please do print a map of where the place is.

More photos to upload soon. I am having trouble uploading images to Flickr at the moment, so I will try and see what I can do when I get the chance.

Archived