GoPro

MarTex

Awesome deal, but not as good as mine (wink):D. there are great prices and you got the best on the market.

The Micro card is expensive for $30.00 you could have gotten a 32 gb card and still for less then %30.00. but none with you, and needed works out good.

Not much to learn on it but remembering where each setting is at. takes time.

Ideal shooting to get all shots without hassel

HD1080P@48FPS FOV 48P

Enjoy

look for a new thread that is always in action soon to come in here

This upcoming cruise will be my first attempting video. My 5DmkIII is capable, but I plan on making the GoPro3 my vidya workhorse. I have the chest rig, rail clamp and suction cup, as well as a smaller attachment that I can strap to my wrist. Am I missing anything?

We just bought the Hero 3+ and LOVE it so far. We had the 2 (bought right before the 3 came out - d'oh!) and it is such a big improvement. Amazing. I almost put ours in the water while at Disney last week until I noticed the open casing in the back...I didn't admit it to my husband until later and he just shook his head at me. We love using it with the extension pole, putting it on the chest strap and head mount, and also giving it to our 1 year old to play "filmmaker". Such a handy device. Looking forward to using it more and more and especially on our cruise in January.

Took the plastic mount from the original packaging, cut the sides down flush to the GoPro mount, and now it fits under the velcro straps of my rollerblades wrist guard. Going for a motorcycle ride Sunday to play with it a little.

20131102_122930.jpg

20131102_123032.jpg

Motorcycle ride with my daughter:

This is my first attempt at storage - so far I like it:

RvtsgwnhvzOWra2NtObNt_LLshtk3wN7FVTE7ILF=w276-h207-p-no

6lMAOaaM6lgeOkukMUibumgD1IqhM-ATvH8ybhcG=w457-h207-p-no

Already had the Maxpedition shoulder pack, found the biggest watertight box that would fit in it at Bass Pro Shops

GbxXwVYe3Ovq789sJeOCGqAqG_5DsXXJ_YX9u1EH=w155-h207-p-no

rSds4SX1XahDkrCGZukWFiHxyE-0HHf7cDJBQGqb=w155-h207-p-no

Plenty of extra pockets for cords, batteries, poles, etc.

Edited by shootr

What about Olympus TG 2 Tough? Underwater to 50 feet, shockproof and dustproof. No housing needed to that depth Can ad a modest telephoto or fish eye. 2.0 lens which is wide. Video is HD with one button operation 12 megapixels........good for most enlargements. Also GPS tracking and wireless capability of transferring pics to tablet etc with an "eye fi card. I have one .. very good overall

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Forums mobile app

Slightly off topic - but how much is the magic question. I'm torn between the Go Pro & the Olympus.

I don't do extreme sports. I really just want a camera that I can take good pix & some video and not worry if it gets wet - whether for snorkle/ scuba or just out in the rain.

The GoPro is tiny, light, and rugged. It is also best suited for close-up, "in your face" type photography/video. You will get curved horizons, curved buildings, etc. There is no viewfinder unless you get an optional video bacpac (mine works very well) or use the wifi with your smartphone (which is VERY laggy) - and your battery life will suffer.

You will get great time lapse's, sunsets, underwater video, and action shots while being in the shot. You will get great POV video.

My GoPro for the cruise is for experimenting and doing what I listed above. I'm with you on why I wanted it - rain, snorkeling, etc. Otherwise, the wife's P&S will be our around town, "normal" camera on our cruise.

Loving this thread!!

I am planning on getting my hubby the GoPro 3+ black for Christmas. We take a lot of motorcycle trips and this would be a great way to record our adventures :)

Any suggestions on "must have" accessories for this type of use?

Loving this thread!!

I am planning on getting my hubby the GoPro 3+ black for Christmas. We take a lot of motorcycle trips and this would be a great way to record our adventures :)

Any suggestions on "must have" accessories for this type of use?

Lucky hubby, then again, aren't we all! :)

Must haves:

So far for me the 2nd battery is critical. They are the size of a chiclet and I needed the second one for the 4 hour hike I just posted. That's using 98% video (about (40) 30-second clips)/2% stills, auto shut off after 1 minute, video bacpac attached.

Safety tethers - I have been making my own up as I go - but some sort of "leash" to the vehicle or person or structure, so if the mount fails, the camera doesn't fly away and is lost forever.

I use RAM branded mounts for my Ninja 650, very solid and tons of possibilities with different attachment products they have - but have not got one for the GoPro yet (have one for my smartphone and it never fails/moves/etc.) They use rubber on the connectors and it really takes out vibration well.

When watching other people's videos - they seem to have 15 cameras all over the bike - I just stopped from time to time and turned the camera mounted on my wristguard 180 degrees to get different angles. If the budget allows, mounts that are low to the road are cool views, the front fork in the frame while looking forward down the road - just not an hour staring through the windscreen.

I really am liking the video bacpac as well. The app for smartphones is nice to control the camera (turning the camera's wifi on will also eat into battery life) but it isn't "real time" of what the camera see's, it's a very laggy view - again it's great to compose or see what the camera is seeing when mounting it to a bike or vehicle, but not for hand held shots. For the hike it was mounted to my walking stick and I handheld it the entire time - the bacpac came into it's own in this situation.

I've got (2) 32gb class 10 Samsung memory cards - and I have yet to ever fill even one up on a project - not the hike, not time lapses, etc. Don't skimp on the cards - there are other forums that document a lot of issues people have with various memory cards, but the cheaper ones seem to not write reliably and you get missed shots and drop outs.

Other stuff,

A tripod adapter, with the gopro style mount on one side and a 1/4"-20 threaded hole on the other, for mounting to a tripod if you want to do time lapse stuff or use a non-gopro extension pole.

I'm not sure how I'm going to back up videos on the ship - still experimenting with the menu's on the camera - but I may be able to use a USB to a portable hard drive - I just don't know but will update here when I figure it out.

I have a number of items, and Hoping I can dedicate 15 minutes a day, I may have to do my work in the wee hours, when all are asleep, counting my days down, Lol

sometimes taking to much is not good, and just the camera, tripod and a battery is all that is needed, with a laptop, and ext drive for me. I have a good amount of gadgets , that may be good to have or repeated .

gopro suction cup

gopro head strap

14 inch gorillapod

5 inch gorilla pod

Xshot pocket shot

Xshot 2.0 monopd

L shape tripod camera holder

tripod mount

tripod adp mount

Aftermarket monopole

ikea egg timer

dual battery usb charger

2 additional bats

5000mah battery pack

gopro combo cable

stereo mic sony

stereo mic GE

stereo mic Olympus

Polar ND filter

gopro lens protector kit

gopro lens protector kit, I got two Lol

aluminum case

Naked case

Ear muffs

Bat operated gimbal

bat operated gimbal DIY project.

Tiffon Steadicam Curve

Decal skin Smiley face

Clear lens

outer lens cover DIY

retractable usb cable

case for the gopro 9x9x5

I am sure I forget about five other items on order, Lol. a good amount will travel with me, and when on my excursions, I will limit with three cams, batteries, ext bat pack and xshot 2.0..

You will clearly need a tripod adaptor mount, monopod and whatever else gadget you like these are the crucial one' all will need a battery, sd etc...

Do we all use these things, not really, It all adds up. and we all love our gadgets.

Hoping to see you all in the forums, gots to pack. I know I am missing something....

Thanks shootr!!!

For me, extra batteries are a no-brainer :D. Also have a monopod that I use with my video camera and DSLR.

I am familiar with RAM mounts. Hubby has one to attach the Sirius to the Harley. Great product!!!

Tethers, will have to make or invest in one.

I did find this video on Youtube that may interest you. It's how to build a swivel mount. Looks fairly simple.

Tethers, will have to make or invest in one.

I did find this video on Youtube that may interest you. It's how to build a swivel mount. Looks fairly simple.

Great find - I'm a big fan of home-made! Tethers can be just paracord or steel fishing leaders - cheap and easy - but effective.

Yes, I was bored yesterday - and why waste the weather!

Edited by shootr

Almost a crisis here ;). Hubby's work took him by Cabela's in Hamburg, PA. I got a phone call from him just a little while ago. He asked if we needed a GoPro. I told him no and to walk away. He pushed a little, so I told him if he absolutely had to buy one, get the 3+ black edition. Luckily, they didn't have it. He's a smart guy, so I am guessing that he suspects it could be a Christmas gift. I never tell him no, so me telling him to walk away today was probably more like a hint at what his Christmas gift is:cool::rolleyes:

Great find - I'm a big fan of home-made! Tethers can be just paracord or steel fishing leaders - cheap and easy - but effective.

Yes, I was bored yesterday - and why waste the weather!

You're a fast picker ;) What do you do withy all those oranges?

You're a fast picker ;) What do you do withy all those oranges?

Not a bad way to record a long motorcycle ride - using the time lapse setting for 1 pic every 2 seconds or so - put a couple hours into 2 minutes!

They're ornamental - which means they look great, smell great, taste like lemons on steroids - weird. I put 100lbs in a bag to throw in the kitchen disposal each day to freshen, the rest into the garbage - and the can is only half full with half a tree to go - don't want sanitation getting po'd for overweight garbage cans.