Azura-caribbean

thesparkster

Hi all.

Me and my wife are going on a cruise round the Caribbean on the azura in January to. Barbados, Grenada, st Lucia, Dominica, St Kitts, St Marten, Tortola, Curacao and Bonaire. Could someone please tell me if they have visited these ports and could tell me their views and if they went on any excursions? thank you..

My favourites are St Maartin and Curacao

In St M we got a taxi to the French side and really enjoyed our time walking around the town and seafront - stopping for crepes and French wine at a lovely little restaurant. It just didnt seem like a Caribbean port as it was so French!

In Curacao we walked around and didnt do much - it was just a pretty little place. Our sailaway was one of the best ever as we sailed past all the beautiful colourful houses with the sun going down and the locals were waving to us.

First time in Grenada we hired a car and driver who took us to a waterfall. The best thing about the trip was getting to stop for spices from a seller at the side of a road. The town itself is not a pretty place but the last time we were there we went to the market to buy spices

Its good if you can meet up with other people who will share the taxi fare

Caryl

Hi all.

Me and my wife are going on a cruise round the Caribbean on the azura in January to. Barbados, Grenada, st Lucia, Dominica, St Kitts, St Marten, Tortola, Curacao and Bonaire. Could someone please tell me if they have visited these ports and could tell me their views and if they went on any excursions? thank you..

Hi we have been to all of these ports previously and are doing the same cruise at Xmas on Azura.

You can do them all on your own but it depends he you like to spend your day. There are beaches closevby at all of them except Dominica. Taxis are readily available at all of the ports. In St Lucia there is a firm called Cosol who have air con mini vans. They take you all round the island, feed you and provide unlimited drinks all day. 65 US dollars each and they come highly recommended.

St Maarten is very easy. There is a water taxi close by the ship to take you across to the town. Great shopping and beaches are plentiful right long the front.

Grenada is another port with a water taxi to a beach called Grand Anse.

Sue

Archived